Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Just a brief note -- wonderful stay with Leah-Ann at her beautiful new home...drove all the way down through the Calif. gold country and landed here in Yosemite Valley for the night. The Ahwahnee Hotel -- pretty posh and waaaay over our budget (L-A, you made it possible!), but I don't suppose we'll be passing this way again...

Here's a pic Denise took of me just now as I write this:

[Linked Image]

Again, full reports as soon as I can complete them...

The Ahwahnee - what a lovely place! I was just there last summer for the first time! Just visited, tho - didn't stay overnight. Keep us posted!!

Kat
If my map reading is correct (I'm a guy...I don't ask for directions!) you should be nearing the bright lights of Vegas on your way to Hoover Dam about now.

We'll be on the north end of Lake Powell this weekend, so won't quite link up, but I'm eager to read your trip reports as I will be driving down and back twice this fall if all goes as planned, once with a boat and once with a Rhino (golf cart) and some household goods.

Watch out for Colorado City (take the northern route)...Warren Jeffs is in jail now, but there's a few of his relatives who would be only too happy to marry you off to some lucky guy who's running short of wives!

Safe driving....I'm looking forward to sharing your adventures

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Yay for you gals! I love the Ahwahnee! What a beautiful treat! Keep that coffee cup full and those posts coming! smile

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
P
P
I have to say I am a BIG FAN of the Gringas now and am totally addicted to checking this blog everyday. This message board rocks and so does everyone on it. Go Gringas! C'mon everyone cheer with me. "Go Gringas Go, Go Gringas Go." Can't wait to hear the trials and tribulations once you get into Mexico. I am sure now that you have experience you won't be getting lost or disoriented right? smile

OP Offline

[Linked Image]

We left Yosemite at noon and drove out and around via Bakersfield, then up amazing Hwy 178 (above) past Lake Isabella to 395 north (yes: north!!!) to Owens Lake, where we are now ensconced for the night.

[Linked Image]

Tomorrow it's Death Valley, Las Vegas, and onward to the Grand Canyon!

'Lena

PS Is this really the way to Belize?!

Great pics - safe trip what - a cool adventure

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Gringas, I'm in Prescott Valley, about 100 miles north of Phoenix towards Flagstaff, off Hwy 89 & 89A. If you ladies need anything give me a call @ 928-771-3115 (cell).

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
OP Offline
The Two Gringas are in �VEGAS! baby, and we're about to cruise The Strip!

[azbob -- we'll call!]

'Lena

Miss, Lena, are yall going to be passing through Texas at any point?

Take the road less traveled
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.