Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
OP Offline
R
So while I will be relaxing at a spa based on all of your awesome suggestions ... my boyfriend hopes to be adventuring to a 1/2 day of fly fishing. He has his own rod and a good amount of experience - but obviously will need a guide as this is our first time in Belize.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a fly fishing guide?

Thanks in advance!!

Red sox girl i'm using freedom tours on tuesday i'm looking to do another 1/2 day as my better half will be on her own for the day if he is interested in splitting one on Thursday let me know. One more week!!!

R
OP Offline
R
Oh I'm sure he would love to split it.

He was planning for Thursday - but Wed or Fri would work too ... but we can figure it all out on Tuesday night I imagine.

Approx how much $$ would it be for a 1/2 day?

I think it's 375 bz$ for a 1/2 day

S
S
Hey RedSoxGirl and Fish On - I have a husband who might want to join you for next week. He's an experienced mountain fly fisherman looking forward to trying something new. Can they share a guide if they have a small group?

A good guide for flats fly fishing is Manuel Azueta [email protected] 011-591-226-2709. If he is booked call Ruby's Hotel and ask for a substitute. 011-501-226-2063

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
&nbsp RedSoxGirl,
I've fished with Daniel Espinosa, 609-9086. He's good, real good.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

&nbsp

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
K
K
I'll second the plug for Spinach. RedSox: Why not do a full day? The price is probably only 20% more. Also if you've got two FFs in the boat, only one of them can effectively sight-fish at a time.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
R
OP Offline
R
Wow thanks everyone! We leave on Saturday and I will definitely be printing out this info to take with us!

I am not the one fly fishing so half of what you said went in one ear -- was emailed to my boyfriend -- then out the other.

Question -- Does anyone know if I would be able to go on the boat - just to enjoy a day out on the water - but not fish? Would it cost just as much for me to join him? I enjoy fishing, but have only been a few times so I would not want to "waste" the money on a guide for myself ... but I would like to go on the boat. If not, it's not a big deal.

R
OP Offline
R
ShellKing --

I'm really not sure how it works so I dont want to make any promises ... but we will be at the crawl on April 1st (see the thread - "Too early for an April crawl?") and maybe all the "guys" can meet up then to discuss. And there will also be a people who know more about the island and the fishing to help guide us to the right guides!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.