Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#274528 03/28/08 03:42 PM
L
OP Offline
L
We're trying to decide between Banana Beach and Sunbreeze and need some expert advice -- we've narrowed it down to these two based on price and they both have a decent looking pool. We don't enjoy the late bar scene - to bed by 11 to get an early start on the next beautiful day, so a noisy bar close would be a negative. Close to other hotels for restaurants, etc. is a plus. Can you please comment on either hotel to help us decide?

Thanks much.

Can't go wrong either way. Sunbreeze closer to town, but Banana Beach has free breakfast. If you were planning on a golf cart anyway, Banana Beach rocks -- prefer walking everywhere? Sunbreeze. Cooking in your own room? Banana Beach. My preference is Sunbreeze with proximity to everything in town, but you may be different and a lot of boarders here love Banana Beach. It isn't that much further really.

Don't overthink -- you'll love either one.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
L
L
I agree, either one will be great. Banana Beach would be a little more quiet. Nice restaurant and bar away from the bulk of the rooms, so even if it were to get a little loud you probably would not be bothered by it. Also a wonderful beach and 2 great pools, friendly staff, nice rooms, good food and fun bar. The travel shop can arrange any tours or outings that you are interested in also. Have a GREAT trip and ENJOY !

I've stayed at BB the three times I've been to Ambergris and have had an excellent experience every time. You can't go wrong with them if that's what you decide. Sandra in Monkey Business is a huge help and a wonderful person! Far enough from town to be quiet, but not to far to walk either. Besides, there are lots of places to get a beverage on the way to San Pedro!

I've already told you more than I know.
Easy pick, Banana Beach.
I stayed at Sun Breeze 1 nite & hated it, very noisy & loud late at nite. Much better beach area at B.B.

S
S
I would agree on Banana - we always stay in the one bedroom courtyard suite and they are very roomy and have a large fridge and a coffee maker - a full condo - that way you can stock up the fridge with water and pop, whatever. I have never stayed at sunbreeze but the rooms look very small and its right accross from the airport and during the day you hear all the planes. We love to walk everywhere - i refuse to rent a golf cart and we have no problems - you walk off your meals!

Are you all saying I need to exercise more? smile

What I have seen of Banana Beach -- it is lovely. You've all given luv2 some good feedback. If I were staying for more than my usual 4 days at a stretch -- I'm right there with ya. Since I usually stay at Ruby's when I go and like to eat in Central Park versus stocking a fridge, you can see where I'm coming from wink

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
The only thing the fridge is good for, IMNSHO, is for keeping the Belikins cold for that first thing in the morning jumpstart!

BB can't be beat.

(Hi, Tim wink )

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Marty has great Maps & google earth awesome aerials on this website.
//ambergriscaye.com/maps/index.html
Banana Beach is definitely in a less noisy & less traffic area.
How important is the pool to you?
Banana Beach Pool is inside the contained courtyard no good view of Caribbean Sea
Sunbreeze pool is out in the open sourtyard with views of Caribbean Sea
Both show up on google earth - Sunbreeze shows good on aerial photo of town - BB is south photo doesn't show up well IMO
Belize it!

S
S
I am just saying I need more exercise and Banana Beach's walk to town and back - works off dinner - also I like to walk the beach south every day down to What a View (the yellow house). The only down side to BB is the pool which is usually cold and the beach over there is not much - so I walk some more to Caribe Island or Victoria House to swim. You'll see me walking April 11 - 19

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.