Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#274773 03/31/08 09:25 AM
Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
Help me!

I am trying to plan an All Inclusive one week in the middle of May to anywhere Caribbean to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Belize is out of the question this time.

Where have you gone in Mexico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Cuba, Bahamas etc. etc. that was decent/nice and would fit the bill?

This was supposed to be easy for the planner (me) but I'm totally overwhelmed, and yes tortured, by the conflicting information that is out there on review websites!

I thought I would ask here because y'all know what I like...San Pedro smile

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Maybe take a cruise. If you are looking for all inclusive, that is often the way to go. And you can hit all of those locations. Belize perhaps included.

&nbsp Hon,
I'm allergic to all-inclusives, but my cronies tell me that Sandals on Jamaica is good.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

&nbsp

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
Not really an AI type myself, but recently returned from the Cozumel Palace. Aside from the fact there was access to the water, but no beach, I would give this place a 10 for service, food and beverages, and an opulent yet intimate feel. One of the nice things is that the guests were usually out and about and avoided just sitting around the pool drinking themselves stupid.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Hon,
Try www.RoadsLessTaken.com
We have used Beau Nanni and had him arrange trips for us, everything has always been perfect. He does tend to handle upscale places that we cannot afford every year but he does handle inclusives and does a great job.
[email protected]
smile

BOBBER??????????
COZUMEL??????????????
YUCH!!!!!!
Mexican South Beach!!!!
I know, someone bought it for you and you had to go....right? crazy

Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks all.

I've never done AI before so I don't know if I am allergic or not.

The mister gets motion sick on playground equipment so a cruise may not be the most appropriate vacation venue for him smile

Looking at Beau's website only succeeded in doing one thing - making me outrageously jealous of anyone who can afford one of his trips! I'm bookmarking it though smile

...still looking for ideas...

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
C
C
Vacationstogo.com has an AI link on it. If you go on a cruise as Deadserious recommended and have never cruised before beware of how expensive the "extracurricular" activities ONBOARD cost. I was really surprised how much "extra" we paid. For instance a "bucket" (4) beers was $17.50 and a mixed drink was $6.95. A bottle of wine with dinner was anywhere from $30+. A large bottle of water was $5.95, to play bingo was $20-$30! I am not trying to discourage you and if money isn't an object then go for it. I am not a cheapo by any means, I just didn't realize how much they would charge for activities. Besides all that the cruise was great.

We have also stayed at many all inclusives but have found that we spend just as much renting a house or condo and venturing out to eat and drink.

I hope you find just what you are looking for and have a SUPER time - if not come to San Pedro - we'll be there the mid of May too.

Good Luck Hon!

Last edited by colomojo; 03/31/08 11:49 AM. Reason: add comment

Live Laugh Love
There are so many questions that only you have the answer to: Just the 2 of you, or additional family? Active or relaxing? Like or allergic to crowds? Do you want to be "entertained" or prefer to make your own?

I would never have imagined enjoying "cruising" but was pleasantly surprised, partly due to the range of services offered.

I was able to spend most of my sea days reading anti socially while Jane made new friends, and then argue with them later over cocktails! The food was always great and the option of Black Tie and Gown Formal Nights added a little romantic touch (I look hot in a Gown!) and on port days there are excisions and activities for all tastes.

Royal Caribbean has an itinery that visits most the places you mentioned (except Cuba) on a cruise that includes Belize, but wherever you choose, the vacation will be enjoyed more based on the company than the location.

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
we did this place once - it was pricey but private and romantic. i never saw water this color anywhere else - ever. it is a different kind of AI.

there isn't much to do there, but on that trip, we didn't want to do anything but be together. really nice rooms, good food, they leave you alone unless you need them. no regrets.

http://meridianclub.com/

i took this:

http://www.pbase.com/sweetjane/image/56761086/large

here's the TA reviews, for what that's worth.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...dian_Club-Pine_Cay_Turks_and_Caicos.html

oh, and no gown needed there. hell, no shoes needed, unless you want to get fancy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.