Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Hi,
My name is Marvin and I am new to this sight. I just retired and am comming to Belize at the end of April. I am looking for a long term house rental on Caye Caulker, furnished for a year
I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who can help me.

Marvin
email me at
[email protected]

C
C
what type of place are you looking for and with what amenities? Also what is your price range?

M
OP Offline
M
I am looking for a one bedroom, either a house or a nice modern apartment. It needs to be furnished $600 to $800 range

Hi Marvin

I know that Lee Vanderwalker of the Alamina Beach House is looking for long term rentals for her suites. We are in the big one now until the end of April. Contact her at [email protected] to find out more information

Cheers

Sharyn

Last edited by sharynandbob; 04/03/08 09:54 AM.

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped
http://belizeanbeachbums.blogspot.com/
M
OP Offline
M
Hi Sharyn,
Thanks for taking the time to answer me. I just sent a email to Lee and hope to hear from him quickly.

Marvin

Hi Marvin

Saw Lee today and she told us you had called. Looks like we will be seeing you in April. Welcome

Sharyn

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped
http://belizeanbeachbums.blogspot.com/
M
OP Offline
M
Hi Sharyn,
How easy or how hard was it to find a house. I am very curious as to what tou get and what it costs. I think like you I would want a long term rental outside of town.

Marvin

L
L
From the sounds of it this is your first visit to the Cayes? I've never rented on AC so can't comment about that but the best advice I could give anyone planning a prolonged stay on Caye Caulker is don't sign on to anything long term until you get there - unless you already know the accommodations involved and have explored it all before. Find a room for 2 weeks or a month. From there you can journey to Corozal and Ambergris Caye, have a look around and see if that agrees with you more. Really, figure out if CC is what you are looking for, and if it is you should have no trouble finding great long-term accoms, hopefully Sharyn would agree. It's that kind of place.

I realise there are logistical issues involved in packing up your life and trying something new, but if it were me I'd want to find the place I wanted to start my retirement then find a place to live there instead of commiting to something based on cost before getting there. Just my thoughts.

M
OP Offline
M
This is my first time. My plan is exactly what you advised me to do. I already rented an efficiancy on CC for a month with the plan to visit Corozal and AC. I was just trying to get more info on what is involved to rent a small house and what I can expect to get and for how much. I am basically a quiet person and not into the bar scene so CC seemed like my first choice.
I really do appreciate your advise and it confirms my thoughts.

Marvin

M
OP Offline
M
This is my first time. My plan is exactly what you advised me to do. I already rented an efficiancy on CC for a month with the plan to visit Corozal and AC. I was just trying to get more info on what is involved to rent a small house and what I can expect to get and for how much. I am basically a quiet person and not into the bar scene so CC seemed like my first choice.
I really do appreciate your advise and it confirms my thoughts.

Marvin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day