Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#27530 09/22/00 09:43 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Good morning SS: The day after we arrive (11/19) is Garifuna Settlement Day. Is that celebrated on A.C.? If so, what do they do? Are things generally open - like if we wanted to rent a golf cart, etc.?

Thanks, Laurie

#27531 09/22/00 11:29 AM
Laurie...I moved here last year around Dec. 1st.....so I missed that time.

I'd have to ask around....I don't think it will be a problem though.

That holiday is celebrated more in Dangriga and Punta Gorda areas. A little in Belize City.

A few Garifunas here but not many. Most here are of Spanish decent.

#27532 09/22/00 11:43 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks. I would appreciate it.

#27533 09/22/00 12:28 PM
B
B
Hey Sandshaker, this message is for you..didn't know if you saw it, further to our convo yesterday.....

Sandshaker, as I've said we've talked about extending the water supply to your end of the island. So what is the time frame for your development? How many unit and when etc? Are there any other developed areas near you? Obviously the more customers we can serve would make it more cost effective..there are many options. I haven't looked at it cost wise yet, extending the pipe (we'd have to cross under the cut) or placing another plant on that side...If you are seriously interested I could arrange a meeting, our CEO will be there this monday..he's coming over with the new plant manager..maybe I could swing a trip too:-)..The new plant manager will be Jim Cavenough so you can contact him as well

#27534 09/22/00 05:35 PM
Absolutely....a meeting would be wonderful!
You guys know best...but I would think a separate facility up north would be more cost effective.
There is water supply already to the area of Mexico Rocks. Another 10 miles maybe to our place.
With the volume that will be used by the two big hotels planned for the future....seems it would put less strain on the system to have something a little closer.
Mind you....I know absolutely nothing about water plants...just my own logical thinking...which can be a litlle wacky at times....LOL
There are several residents in or north of our area. One is in the process of building some new beachfront houses. Not sure if he plans to sell these or lease them out.
At any rate....the developement of the north end will really pick up in the next 2 years. The potential for more resorts is there.

We are scheduled to open in Jan. 2001
Working like hell to meet that deadline.
Things move slow here...GRRRRR....LOL
I've learned to live with it.

Let me know if you decide to make the trip too. How would I reach Jim Cavenough?

#27535 09/22/00 07:16 PM
S
S
Huh? Water supply to Mexico Rocks? Last I knew, the water suply didn't cross the cut.
I'd like to know more about this!

#27536 09/23/00 05:25 AM
Maybe it's electricity?
LOL....told you I didn't know a damn thing about water companys. [Linked Image]

#27537 09/23/00 05:28 AM
They do have electricity right?

LOL....Jesse...you better not be gone too long....who's gonna correct me when your gone? You better leave sombody in charge of me....LOL.....just please don't pick Bill! [Linked Image]

#27538 09/23/00 06:57 AM
S
S
Yes, electrical service runs north 7 miles to Casa Caribe and the 2 houses next door to the north. But thats the only utility that does go that far. Anyone thinking of developing up north should investigate the latest RO (reverse osmosis) systems. They've come along way and are a good solution to water supply.

#27539 09/24/00 12:13 PM
B
B
Oh, sorry I didn't see your message earlier, The CEO left this AM for Belize. He is going down there with Jim Cavennough(I'm not sure of the spelling) to get him settled in so to speak. I mentioned you(didn't know your name so it was a little difficult:-)/your resort and possible interest in water. He said that he'd pass the info on to Jim. However, if you want to get a message to the CEO email him at [email protected] (Jeff Parker), he carries his laptop. He said he'll be in Belize City on Monday, and I think Tuesdays he's going to Ambergris. He may have time to meet then but if not he'll hook you up with Jim...If you need to email me directly I'm [email protected] (Tracy Uggeri-Resident Engineer)

He did sound very interested, by the way and he's the decission maker.

So how far is your resort from the location of the proposed hotels?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.