Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
azbob Offline OP
OP Offline
It hit me this weekend like a pile of bricks dropped from 2 stories. Big time, Bad, San Pedro Blues! Maybe it was because it was my first trip? I've been back a little over 3 weeks, but I had been busy writing the trip report, tagging pictures and sharing my vacation with family and friends. Now, I really miss the island. As Bobber wrote: " Now you can be miserable with the rest of us." Well, everyone, it is official: I AM MISERABLE!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Wait until after your third trip in three years!! I felt like I was leaving home to go home . . . . started planning the next trip on the return flight from the last one!! We're hooked!! smile 216 sleeps!!

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
What KC said! Azbob we booked a return trip no less than 6 days after returning from SP a couple of years ago. Now we make 2 trips a year and somehow I am trying to make it 3 a year. I understand your depression but know that there others out there. When you start preparing Belizean dishes then you have a problem and don't ask me what I cooked for everyone watching the games on Saturday night either!

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
Ah, you guys are looking at it all wrong! No depression here - I really like my life at home. But I do love SP and there is a lot of excitement about my next trip - somewhere around #15 over the course of the last two and a half to three years! laugh

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Your preaching to the choir, AZBob. Been back to St Louis for acouple of weeks and fighting the doldrums. Getting my BMW K75 ready for a motorcycle tour to the American west. My primary destination is Williams, Arizona to look about at the Grand Canyon and property, then maybe Gillette, Wyoming for the BMW motorcycle rally. So, my suggestion...get a motorcycle.

Gone fishing!!
C
C
Depression after San Pedro? - How bout before we left San Pedro and realized what a great time we were having and had to leave to go home!

Live Laugh Love
Depression hits me as I'm eating my Chicken Burrito at BCs after I've dropped off my luggage and gotten my Boarding Card from Tropic. I down as many Belikins as I can and wait until the very last minute to walk across the street and board. I felt that way on my first trip as well as my eight. But I always smile because I know I will return - sometimes later than sooner.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
azbob asks "When did you get depressed after San Pedro?"

seashell answers: In 1999.

But like the others, I try to deal with it by rebooking. I'm on the "3 or more trips in a 12 month cycle". If I lived closer, it would be even more often than that. I quit worrying about getting rid of all my BZ money before catching the plane back home a long time ago.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

C
C
AZbob - what about our lottery tickets? I am game

Live Laugh Love
AZ... made my first trip 1 1/2 years ago... just completed my 5th trip in Feb.
No depression.. just a melancholy ache for a place that reaches far into our souls. You love SP or you don't. For the one's that don't, I hope you find your "home".. For the one's that love SP.. Hope you find your "spot"... (raising psuedo-belikin) Here's to the land, the people, the reef and the tranquility of it all!

Take the road less traveled
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.