Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
U
U
Is it really necessary to get all those shots to go to CC or AC?

An ounce of prevention etc. Is it that difficult to get your shots? What is the trade-off? Wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry? Even if you don't need it, it doesn't hurt to have. I am a Belizean and I get all my shots and boosters.

C
OP Offline
C
An update... I just made a reservation to stay at Maxhapan Cabanas as I had read some very nice reviews. Anyone have any feedback? I'm getting very excited about the trip and I thank you for all your advice.

B
B
I was on CC the first part of April, and walked alone about the island while my BF was off diving. You many get some attention from some of the local men, but they are, for the most part, relatively respectful.

I would, of course, be aware when walking about at night. But one should be aware of surrounding when walking about at night anywhere in the world. I think CC is a whole lot safer than Belize City or any of the bigger cities.However,don't get too worried or be too paranoid about it. Use common sense , like any woman should. Ask the locals, ask whomever is running the place you stay at, ask the friendly bartender where or what is safe or not safe.

C
OP Offline
C
I live in NYC, so I'm very aware of my surroundings at all times, but it's definitely good to know other people's experiences. Some times you let your guard down when you shouldn't. Better safe than sorry, right? I'm getting very excited about my trip!

C
C
Hi There,

I have been to Caye Caulker on my own a few times and its fine. You'll find you'll make lots of friends anyway. It really is a quiet place with not a great deal to do so your wise to get a decent room where you can chill out. I stayed in the Tropics Hotel which really wasn't that great - i would recommend the Blue Wave instead. take lots of bug spray and suntan lotion. If you fancy some retail therapy catch the water Taxi to San Pedro where they're are some lovey (air conditioned!) shops.

I've been lucky enough to stay all over Belize so if you ahve any more questions please feel free to ask!

Thanks

J
J
;)I'm the one who was so apprehensive about going to CC. Let me tell you, we had THE BEST TIME OF OUR LIVES and we will be back! We stayed at Costa Maya. The best par twas that you could walk right out and onto the beach. However, as with everything on that side of the island, there's all this sea grass so you have to basically go to The Split to do your swimming. There's a constant breeze on that side of the Island. On the other side, where the Iguana Reef is, and where the most beautiful spot is for watching sunsets. That's where you will need mosquito spray and down on the side of the island where the air strip is. There are projects there and we had a guided tour on a golf cart by a local. That was a little scary but certainly you won't be going to those parts at night. Eat at Don Corleone's and Agave for some upscale dining. Jose is the most attentive bartender (at The Iguana Reef). A nice place to stay is Caye Caulker Inn (very close to The Split). Always someone trying to sell you something so you must be firm if you are not interested and tell them so or they will hound you the entire time you are there. Shots are not needed nor are malaria meds. The water smells really bad when taking a shower. People are friendly. Just don't leave anything out over night. I left my brand new Teva sandals on a picnic table and they were gone the next morning. Get yourself a "meet and greet" at the airport so that you don't have to worry about hailing taxis. Sail with Ragga Muffin. They have the best guides. FEMI's - don't miss FEMI's - on the beach - smoothies and fruit drinks you don't want to miss. Keep an ear out for the guy peddling the fresh squeezed fruit juices. For sure, we won't have scurvy as we ate so much fruit! Have fun. You will want to buy property there like we do now, too!

J
J
Some folks we met on the water taxi ride back to Belize City stayed there and were very impressed with Maxaphan. Can you give me a link to them. We are considering staying there on our next trip back there.
THanks

C
OP Offline
C
Glad to hear you had such a nice time, Jalex.

Here's the link I have for Maxhapan:

http://www.toucantrail.com/Maxhapan-Cabins.html

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day