Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#276720 04/14/08 12:54 PM
OP Offline
Hi all,

We're spending a couple of nights in Belize City before coming to Ambergris for our first visit in June. We've decided to take the ferry, rather than fly, at least to get there. From what I've read, there are 2 ferry services - Caye Caulker Water Taxi, and Triple J Taxi. Seems like their prices & schedules to SP are the same. Any opinion if one is better/more reliable than the other? We're staying at the Radisson Ft. George in BZE, and I understand the ferries depart from separate locations, and arrive in SP at different docks. As our caretaker will be picking us up, I need to let him know where to find us.

Thanks for your help!
Penny

Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
both are fine - also there is Thunderbolt.

Thunderbolt arrives on AC on the agoon side - that might be easier for you with luggage if you have somebody planning to fetch you at dockside.

P
P
They both arrive onto Ambergris Caye very near to each other. The Island Ferry at the Tackle Box right outside the Spindrift hotel. Triple J arrives at a dock just a bit up to the north, about a 3 minute walk.

Catch Tropic Air from Belize City Municipal Airstrip. Not expensive and a mindblowing trip along the reef and over the multiple cayes. It is about twice the price of the boat ride but definitely worth it, and it only takes 20 minutes. Or, do the plane thing getting here and the boat getting back.

weile #276782 04/14/08 06:30 PM
P
P
I agree. And you wll be very tired as most flights from the states start at 5 am. It is a 2 hour, open boat ride in whatever weather is around. Today is rainy (my garden is thankful) and a boat ride would be a drag.

K
K
The Island Ferry is at Fido's dock and runs up and down the island. Caye Caulker Water Taxi is at the Tackle Box and goes back and forth to Belize City.

OP Offline
Thanks to all for the input. I didn't realize Triple J and CCWater Taxi docked so close together, so I'm thinking it won't matter much either way. I hadn't heard of Thunderbolt either, so I'll check them out.

As we are travelling with (and paying for) 2 kids too, I think the ferry will be the way to go. At least to get there, I may feel differently on the way home!

Thanks all!

Penny

Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
I LOVE the ferry. The water taxi terminal is a fun place and the trip is much less expensive than flying for a family of four. The kids will really enjoy the ride and the wind feels wonderful. It's a great way to get to talk to locals before arriving on their island and even if it rains, it's generally warm rain. Have a great time!!!

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
she's right especially for four people. And it's certainly not a 2 hour ride. It's just over an hour. If you take the 4:30pm that is an express and gets you there with no stops in one hour exactly.

N
N
What's the name of the water taxi you take and where do you catch it on AC?

It seems there are several. Do they all have their own docks?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.