Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
boreas Offline OP
OP Offline
Sounds good, thanks for the re-assurance guys. I am not much of a beer drinker either dabunk, but ~2-3 USD is still less for a beer than it is here in the U.S.. I am surprised to hear about the tomato prices, but not fussed. I read that coconuts were free on one island or another in Belize, sounds like a good deal, but it could have been a fable.

If it doesn't include lodging, $60/day is very doable for a single person. You can eat well and still have enough left over for a few drinks or to do some inexpensive activities.

Wait until you see the size of the bottles though! One good swallow and the bottle is empty. Never saw such a small bottle before, course I always drank longneckers when I did.

boreas Offline OP
OP Offline
Ahh, I have read of things called "stubbies" in a Bryson book. Apparently the bottle is smaller so that the beer stays colder. A fair trade off, as some would say beer is useless once it warms up.

Thanks for the warning though.

$60 a day is easy to do, for a single person, including lodging.
i stay at rubies for $25 us per nite, private bath and fan with a twin bed...nothing fancy, but i spend a whole lot of time in my room...room faces street side, but 30 feet away i have the beach....there are lots of places to eat good for cheap...street vendors, warragummas(sp),just ask some of the locals where to eat. i use a cooler in my room, so i don't have to buy all my drink from the bars...still have money left for excursions, etc..and usually have a few bucks left in my pocket when i return home...since no tv in my room, i bring a compact dvd player and some movies and cd's, so i don't need a tv in the room...works for me...

Anybody ever check out the GROUP rates available ??
I did some arithmetic and think it is very possible for a group of 10 or more to fly to AC from Kanscs City, stay in an A/C beach front room with fridge for 7 nights, have guided flats fly fishing for 5 days, eat 17 meals, all for less than $1500 each.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
boreas Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by kerry
$60 a day is easy to do, for a single person, including lodging.
i stay at rubies for $25 us per nite, private bath and fan with a twin bed...nothing fancy, but i spend a whole lot of time in my room...room faces street side, but 30 feet away i have the beach....there are lots of places to eat good for cheap...street vendors, warragummas(sp),just ask some of the locals where to eat. i use a cooler in my room, so i don't have to buy all my drink from the bars...

Wow, all sounds good. How long have you been in AC? How many different places did you try to stay at? I was going to go to pedro's backpackers inn and get the $10 USD/night rooms...doubt there is anywhere much cheaper, but then again, probably not anywhere much more basic...

I just found Pedros this trip(last week). Great deal, met great friends. beer and rum well within budget. great pizza. I always bring a lot of snacks with me and eat one good local meal a day.

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
boreas, stick with Pedros esp. if you are a solo traveler. It's a great place to meet folks traveling on similar budgets and the pizza is great!

I honestly think it's hard to say one way or the other if $60 a day would work out for a person. For my first time to any place, I like to do it right (snorkeling, nicer dining, day with golf cart etc.) $60 wouldn't "pay the bill" but all trips after the first one have equated to less than $60/day. Just depends on what you want to do.

boreas Offline OP
OP Offline
Aye, sounds good. Thanks for the tips about Pedros.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 193 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.