Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#277009 04/16/08 02:47 PM
boreas Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but what is everyone's opinion on the two? What are features of one or the other? What are the main differences(pluses and minuses)?

Not quite a million wink Anyway, AC is much more developed, with accompanying activities and nightlife. CC is smaller, quieter and less crowded. So it depends on what you are looking for. For a bit of each, stay on AC and do a day trip or two to CC. or vice versa. That way, you can sample both. Just bear in mind that the water taxis shut down in the early evening.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
KC is da man. I like to stay on AC and day trip to CC. CC is too quiet for me and I'd go insane.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
AC is not far from CC and Otter is not far from insane. laugh

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
Them bofe right! CC being quiet is an understatement. It has been described as the way San Pedro was 8-10 years ago. I stayed on AC and took 2 day trips to CC. The minute you get away from the water taxi on CC, you can feel the difference. WAAYYY LAYYYY BACKKK. There are many quiet places on AC too and you have far more choices for tours, eating and entertainment. It really depends on what kind of vacation you are looking for.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
AC with day trip to CC. Though day trip is a bit long. we usually only make it a few hours.

We like to fly into C.C. a few days & then water taxi over to S.P. for a week or so, then fly out of S.P.

We also stay on AC and do the day trip a time or two!! We like Otter would go nuts on CC, way to laid back and not alot to do!! We have stayed on CC with friends but only for a night and then right back to AC!!!!

"J DOG We like to fly into C.C. a few days & then water taxi over to S.P. for a week or so, then fly out of S.P. "

I would make the same suggestion.

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
&nbsp boreas,
I like Caulker, but I usually spend more time on Ambergris Caye because I have friends there. Caulker is a good base of operations if you're on a budget because rooms are cheaper and it's easier/cheaper/faster to get to the mainland via the water taxi, when compared to Ambergris. Caulker has just about zero nightlife, whereas Ambergris has quite a few beachfront bars with old guys playing Jimmy Buffet tunes. If that floats your boat, bueno. Ambergris has more choices for meals, although I've never been so impressed with them that I'd go out of my way. It really does boil down to what you want to do with your vacation time. Ambergris is hyper, a lot like being in a gold rush boom town. Caulker is comatose, but I've always enjoyed my stay there.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

&nbsp

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.