Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
The young independant from Punta Gorda (forget his name) was campaigning on "The need for some big Constitunal changes". Well, it seems that some may be in the offing according to "the Daily" today. They are even proposing to give the citizens the right to write legislation through the 'petition' process. That's more than the southern democrats give its citizens in the states. Sounds promising anyway. Of course, no one will have an opinion on this subject.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
None at all Don wink

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Don
I find a lot of excitement and energy happing here since the March election! I too am amazed at how few people acknowledge the various news postings on San Pedro Daily. I think those of us who live here are a small minority of this board and most of the regulars 'just want to have fun.'
Maybe Marty should set up a board for us???
Each week one of the local politicians has attended the Chamber of Commerce meeting and given reports. Yesterday the engineer for the planning department gave an excellent report on docks and waste and asked for our help.
The police report in the San Pedro Sun listed at least five busts on DRUG DEALERS, not just end users. I was told that one of the local bars was fined and a prostitute was arrested.
Now, before anyone starts a rant - I would like to see marijuana decriminalized and prostitution legalized. But until it is . . .
AND the Prime Minister named his ex-wife to be ambassador to the UN! Puts a difference face on nepotism.
I have high hope for this country.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

I noticed last week the SPS printed a Letter to the editor but didn't publish the name of the writer.
I was surprised I thought that was policy.
Do you think that should be policy?
The anonymity or lack of it makes a huge difference in what a person says or does.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Its not quite the same.
I'm not asking because i want to publish anything w/o my name . i'm suggesting the ambergriscaye board, you, the sun, and all. would have less problems if anonymous characters where not allowed.
The things that wouldn't get said if the name of the source was published we could probably do with out.
Sorry Don I'm getting a little off topic

White Sands Dive Shop

Your right
Zorro was a hero, the Lone Ranger was good
but aren't they exceptions to the rule. The ski mask sales are up in desert areas?
No simple solutions I guess.

White Sands Dive Shop
ScubaLdy, I I subscribe to the San Pedro Daily and read it every day. It provides me with different information, good and bad, on a place I hope to live and different than what I learn on the MB. I also look at the weeklies, AC Today and SP Sun, and was watching TV News 5 & 7 but they remind me to much of the "drive by media" here: Always the sensational very little on the good things.
My point is: I do like "having fun" on the "board", but I am extremely interested in the National and local politics of Belize. It provides insight for the future. I can only speak for my self and not the others: I do not provide input on discussions such as these because I do not live there, yet, and do not feel that I have a right to voice my opinion.
But I am still very interested in the discussion and the views present by all.
I did notice that there have been 197 views on this subject, but only 9 responses. Others are reading, so please continue to share.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
U
U
For a newspaper to print an unsigned letter is total irresponsibility. Some rags in the states do that, but none of the responsible papers. For the SPS to think it can be the sole judge of determining what unsigned letter should be printed and which one shouldn't is even worse. Requirement that letters be signed provides its own filter.

K
K
Geez: The paper belongs to the owner and run by the editor. He can run any doggone thing he wants to. If he screws up and loses credibility, it's his financial asz. I don't know what other folks hometowns are like, but the general policy of the papers around here is: if the writer requests anonimity and discloses his name AND a reason for the request, the paper either honors the request or tells the writer that it'll be published with a name, or not all. The choice is then up to the writer, but the real onus first is on the paper to analyze the writer's reasons.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
U
U
Slander and hide behind the 1st amendment. Never reveal the source. If a person doesn't have any balls, then he or she should keep their mouth shut.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.