Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#278429 04/28/08 10:53 AM
B
OP Offline
B
This is my first post here. I have been on the site many times, very addicting, to look for places to stay for our visit in July. Anyway, does anyone have contact info for local hospitals? I have some medical supplies that I would like to bring and donate. The supplies are for Interventional Radiology procedures (i.e.- angioplasty, angiogram catheters and so on). To be honest, I don't know if these type procedures are even performed on Ambergris Caye. Thanks in advance for your replies.

To the best of my knowledge these types of procedures are not performed on the island. To be frank we don't even perform c-sections here.

Of course the supplies will probably be welcomed at the Karl Huesner Memorial Hospital located in Belize City.

Hopefully somebody will post the relevant contact info.

One of your best avenues would be through the Lions Club....they have been involved in Health Care significantly. You could write [email protected] and inquire if they could direct you to the Belize City Lions Club.

Algae

Old people know more about being young, than young people know about being old!
Algae #278479 04/28/08 05:28 PM
P
P
Dr Hildago at Universal Hospital is a wonderful cardiologist and would be happy to tell you where the most need is and what procedures are done in Belize. I would call his office directly at....oops I just tried to look up his number and realized that my phone book is 2005.

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks PK. If you come across his number, or even better, his email or website, please let me know. I probably have 100K worth of supplies that could be very beneficial.

P
P
I will definitely look for it. Could you please look to your PM

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.