Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#278495 04/28/08 07:34 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Our printer has just died a slow and miserable death. I am wondering if there is anyone around who has a printer that they might be willing to donate to us. Many of the students and teachers at local schools ( especially RC) use our printer for papers and worksheeets. Thanks so much for your consideration.

So big items and electronic items get here, may or may not be valuable or usable here and end up in our waste stream that is just beginning to get managed and is overwhelmed. Items like computers and large plastics are toxic and seep in to the ground water. I am not saying to reject donated items but to be smart and make sure that what is coming makes sense.

So....it's ok if you get electronics donated?

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Actually most computers from 10 years ago will still fit the needs of approx 90% of computer users for email, letter writing, etc. But everyone wants the newest brightest thing out of the box. So yes most donated computers will have many years of life here to help kids learn. I repair computers and printers for the local schools and friends. Most of it is donated by their families in the US who bought new and send the old stuff here that they cannot even sell at a yard sale for 5 dollars. But the kids do not mind, and they are learning. Just do not donate things you know do not work and are not repairable. I still use daily and old Canon Bubble Jet 200 printer, older than dirt, but prints black and white documents day in and day out.

I could donate a brand new one shipped, but then you would get hit with import duty... if you have someone willing to pick up that, then let me know.

P
OP Offline
P
I am willing. Often if you send to the library, I can convince the brokers to let it in. That would be wonderful and very much appreciated. So many students and educators use the library services. i would love to let them know who their benefactor is unless you would rather not. Thanks so much again. You could PM me or just continue with information on this site, whichever you prefer. And, again, thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.