Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 39 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 38 39
S
S
No and no.
Usually hangs at Ramon's

OK, sorry for the diversion folks.

You can go back to griping about building aesthetics and big ropes now.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
a friend (who also posts here) flew their small plane down. we were all excited with the offer to buzz around the country site seeing.
then they got a load of the price of fuel and the fact that they were required to first go to bz city and file a flight plan.
the plane never left placencia's airstrip till time to go home.

A year or so ago, complaints were made to the NW about one home owner placing 11 ropes on the road in front of his residence up 'north'. I went to the Mayor and the Traffic Dept, who told me they did have authority to remove the ropes IF an official letter of complaint was received about them. Verbal complaints were disregarded. No one wanted to be the 'bad guy' and write a letter of complaint against the resident.
I don't know about what's legal or not, I'm just giving my experience of a similar situation.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Originally Posted by immissing
" A C130 can land and stop in 3 times its length" ? Better tell Lockheed, they sure didnt know that.

I do dislike mocking replies, especially when they are wrong. I have seen and been on several Belgian Air Force C130s that did just that at Moorsele Airfield just SW of Brussels some years ago. The runway isn't very long (not sure how long) and these Hercules aircraft would land & stop, board a load of parachutists, then take off on the remaining runway. No backtracking. Many times a day for 10 days.

I have video shot at Moorsele of one of these C130s landing backwards, obviously just the final touchdown. And similar footage of a (de Havilland?) Caribou doing the same thing.

Someone said a Dash 8 couldn't land on the SP airstrip (I think that's right, I haven't checked back). I am confident that a Dash 7 could easily land there (assuming adequate clearance to the sides). They used to fly routinely from Paris non-stop (I believe) to Courcheval in the French Alps, laden with skiers and their baggage, then fly back with a full load of returning visitors. That airstrip, which I have used myself many times, is 203 metres long and has a slope of 30 degrees. The SP strip doesn't slope and the air is much hotter, but it is so massively longer I can't believe a Dash 7 would have any problems.

Think how valuable a service between Cancun and SP would be, once it became known and people realised what opportunities it opened up for them. Adding the legal stuff to allow international arrivals and departures is relatively trivial, and there'd be no routine need to refuel.

WOW! What a change!

pedro2, you went from calling my suggestion ludacrous to calling it a "valuable service" all in the same thread.

Thanks

Let's get it done.
Who knows the first step toward gov approval?
What form do we need? Who do we send the form to?

Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
I'll start a new thread on this topic so we can let these nice folks continue to hash out the evils of the big ropes.

Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Come, come, what I denounced as ludicrous was the apparent suggestion that present incoming international airliners could be diverted to a new airfield an AC. I'm not talking about airliners as I've made very clear. To be fair, I'm sure you didn't mean that either. I spent a day in Court a couple of days ago batting points backwards and forwards with very little actual information emerging, but I had hoped we could be a little more sensible on this board! Let's all just get on and learn from interchange of ideas.

S
S
A nice article about development on the island from the International Herald Tribune, with quotes from some of our favorite board members:

A slow boom in Belize

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
May photos of the village are posted at May Reef Village Photos for anyone interested.

A fish on my fly is worth two swimming by.
Page 26 of 39 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.