Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#279205 05/03/08 06:48 PM
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
For our non-resident friends, I'm pleased to say that Wings has re-opened for business. They've worked very hard to deal with the aftermath of what was a severe fire.

D
D
That's good news! We drove by on our last trip in March and it looked like they were hard at work getting things back in shape. We'll be down in July and will try to stop in for a little shopping. Thanks for the update!

Very good news.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
great to hear that...loved that store!

they aren't technically reopened - there is no electricity in the building. this weekend they are liquidating the merchandise that was not damaged by the fire. once they are finished with the liquidation, they will close and rebuild. monica says this will take 8-9 months, but as well all know this will actually be more like a year or so in belize-time. monica is anxious to get things back in order as we all would be if this happened to us. the grand re-opening is well anticipated by all!!!

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Thanks for that clarification. I was just going on what I saw as I cycled past. Didn't have time to stop to look for bargains!

The advertisement in the paper I saw looked like there were some good deals on whatever was left. Also saw people leaving with full or 1/2 full bags.

Went today. Yes, definately a liquidation sale. A mixture of very well priced items mixed with a few items higher priced than in other stores. Overall an excellent "fire sale"

Good to hear they are re-opening.

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.