Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
OP Offline
You guys are assuming that all the passengers will be from Cancun to A.C. to spend $.

Some folks will travel from A.C. to Cancun to spend $.

Also what about cargo? Could goods be purchased in Cancun and flown to A.C.?

And this thread really isn't about a Cancun route. It's about San Pedro being allowed to accept international arrivals directly. A commercial Cancun or Guatemala direct route is just the conversational catalyst to try to make this happen as I'm sure the Belize gov will not make San Pedro an airport of entry just for the handfull of private aircraft that will take advantage of this if given the option.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
A
A
Belize-N-Us

The cruise information of 210 knots was supplied to us by Cessna. We are a Caravan dealer in Canada.

The numbers you have quoted are at 75% cruise which is the "econo" settings but admittedly are the settings that most operators would want their pilots to use. The initial numbers you have quoted are basically irrelevant as they are for the "Baby" Caravan. ALL of the Cessna's used from BZE to SPR are Grand Caravans. Which are the 675 horse aircraft. (Previous was 375 was a miss print).

One thing I did forget in my previous post was that the specs that Cessna use on their web are for aircraft "without" baggage pods. I don't know how much difference the pod makes but I will try to find out.

Although...as everyone in the aviation industry knows the way to make money is to utilize the aircraft to the fullest. If there were a CUN to SPR flight there is no reason not to use the aircraft for flights to and from BZE in the time between the SPR and CUN flights.

Extrapolating the prices from BZE to SPR (taking into consideration the increased landing fees in CUN and taking into consideration MANY other factors too numerous to mention) the return flight fron SPR to CUN should run around $310.00 to $350.00 per person return.

I too would be interested in this flight. It would likely save us a whack of money depending on how much the flight would be. If it were $350.00 and we could get a charter direct to CUN for $400 or $500 dollars we would pay a lot less than the $1,000 to $1,400 that we pay now!

Reaper made a several good points in that the Mexican government may be opposed for the reasons he suggested, but...I would be one that would go to CUN to shop at times. Also, I really don't know what the Mexican government would charge a Belezian airline to come into the country. It may be prohibitive!!??

Do not loose faith on your project. It may work out and if it does the Bellyaches are on me!!!!!!!

Last edited by Aviator; 05/07/08 02:45 PM.
I need a Grand Caravan, no seats, no fancy avionics and a jump door please!!! Oh, for about $600,000 or less!

E
E
Got just the thing for ya, Reaper ! A little more costly, but Ive got it.

C
C
how about this question: How do you think AC will differ if these international flights from San Pedro to Cancun really do happen? in my opinion it will change this island for the worse.

P
P
This thread is discussing International flights as though it were a thought independent of the reality of San Pedro. If there was a flight to Cancun, no one would shop here and the economy would flop. We would also get all the cheap tourists who flock to Cancun coming here and not spending but using the infrastructure. Impact on San Pedro would be horrible but...... this thread is sorely for the aviation discussion. Very funny.

Agreed. Once a nice place becomes easy to access and cheap, it attracts a different flavor of tourist and the decline begins. My opinion.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
E
E
Aviator is quite the Cessna dealer!
The cessna grand caravan (CE-208B) with a cargo pod has a HIGH cruise cruise speed of 174 KNOTS. NOBODY can afford the fuel burn at that speed,we used to flight plan for 150 knots. All currently produced caravans have 675 hp engines not 375. The Tropic guy is correct the caravan is uneconomical on 200 mile stage lengths.I'm no Cessna dealer but i've got 5000 hrs in caravans.

OP Offline
Pam, come on! "Cheap tourist flock to Cancun and don't spend any money"?

All tourist spend money.

If offered a flight to Cancun everyone would leave San Pedro and spend their money there?

I don't think these are fair or realistic statements.

Those of you opposed to this idea please start you own thread.

I want to keep this one positive, please!

I realize that some of you don't want to see anymore growth or development of AC. The evils of growth have been beat to death on this board already.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
S
S
Originally Posted by Belize-N-Us

Those of you opposed to this idea please start you own thread.
I want to keep this one positive, please!

Good Luck in your attempt to control the posts in "your" thread!

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.