Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#279174 05/03/08 11:56 AM
OP Offline
Random bits of info that may prove useful to somebody .......

1. As you probably know you can take 3oz. containers of liquids and gels in carry-on luggage provided they fit in a certain size ziplock bag. I had three small items (all ok by the airline standards) but the bag itself they were in (zoplock) was a big one, not a little one. My choices: toss all the stuff away, or find a small ziplock bag and transfer the stuff into it. so - take care to be sure you have a small baggie as well as not much stuff in it ----

2. Aeropostal Airline has cancelled most of it's recent flights inside Venezuela as well as internationally.
Why mention this? Well, Aeropostal is the airline that you can book online, and is the only one on our travel agency resevation systems. If you buy an Aeropostal ticket kiss your money goodbye --- bummer.

3. American Airlines -- if your flight is cancelled and you are sent to a much later flight, feel free to demand a voucher for a meal in the airport. You will probably get it.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Huh. They cancelled the last flight from Miami to London and I had to stay overnight at my own expense. No suggestion that they would help.

#279193 05/03/08 04:19 PM
C
C
I had no zip bag at all , I had one small under 3 oz container of baby oil and one of shampoo,,recently traveling on American and Alaskan went through 5 security lines on the trip and never had a problem..I was just told to take them out so they could be seen...times prior to that I had to have a zip lock....

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Cooper #279228 05/03/08 11:08 PM
Most of the security lines have the zip loc bags hanging from a post - keep a look out. TSA and other national security agencies provide the baggies in all of the airports that I have travelled through lately.

#279229 05/03/08 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by pedro2
Huh. They cancelled the last flight from Miami to London and I had to stay overnight at my own expense. No suggestion that they would help.

That is why Diane suggested that you request (demand) a voucher. Airlines are not in the habit of offering freebies, but usually if you ask there is some kind of compromise that can be met.

Amanda Syme #279334 05/05/08 10:08 AM
also depends on why the flight was cancelled. They usually do not help if it was weather related but it entirely up to the gate agent helping you.

Barbara K #279589 05/07/08 01:03 PM
It's different in every aiport, with every airline and basically with just about any person, esp. TSA.

You really just can't guestimate what you can expect if there is a delay or cancelation.

Bring a few extra quart size bags with you (in case one breaks or you have a kid that can fill and stash in their bag). The airports don't seem to be supplying them any longer, or not that I've seen.

As for voulchers, hotel rooms and any other type of freebie, it's a toss up. I've seen several times where an airline has passed out loads of snacks and drinks for a relatively short delayed flight and I've seen where you get nada if you are stranded in a city due to weather or any other reason for cancellation. I agree that it doesn't hurt to ask however, the airline can't do much about the weather!

I've never had my nail clippers and tweezers taken from me and I think both those are no-no's... but it just depends on the airport I guess and what side of the bed he/she woke up on.

Just be as prepared as you can!

Happy travels, y'all!

travelqueen #279604 05/07/08 04:07 PM
I would like to thank all Las Vegas travelers that pack lighters in their checked luggage..you are not supposed to..But thanks to that I have not had to purchase a lighter for 3 years.

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
i get a kick outa the sign at some security areas showing what is not allowed.
they have the little drawing of the same bomb you used to see in SPY VS. SPY cartoons! or one of the Coyote's ACME rockets.
and what's up with the eyelash curlers?
i could hurt someone sooner and worse using either the pen i am filling out my customs form with, or that 5$ beer they just sold me!!
i take that back,, i wouldn't waste that beer.

Barnacle #279608 05/07/08 04:36 PM
You have got to be kidding about the eyelash curlers....whatcha gonna do, curl somebody to death?

Change your Latitude
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.