Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
Down by BC's at Henry's shop (just ask at the bar) or up at El Pescador.

Skippy, Our place is a little south of El Pescador and there are tons of bonefish swimming around our pier and in the sea grass.
I find them all over Ambergris Caye. I'm sure if you look around you will find some up at the Las Terrazas area.

skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks everyone, you folks are great. I'm psyched now. I'll hire a guide next trip and try to catch a tarpon on the lagoon side, but this time I just want to wander down the beach and look for bones. Now, as long as American will let me carry-on my 2 piece fly rod, I'm set.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
B
B
Simon.your a wealth of knowlege thanx.
2mile when I grow up I wanna be like Capt Jeff but i'll settle for being 2MILESNORTHOFCUT
skippy can ya say 4pc. good luck, when are you there?

My goodness -- the bone fish used to be right in front of Las Terrazaas too -------- !
Anyway, we live a bit north of LT and see big bonies all the time ...... in fact I used to have dogs who herded them and one dog who acutally caught some. The fishermen were jealous. Dogs have passed to doggie heaven, so they will no longer compete.

skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by budah
Simon.your a wealth of knowlege thanx.
2mile when I grow up I wanna be like Capt Jeff but i'll settle for being 2MILESNORTHOFCUT
skippy can ya say 4pc. good luck, when are you there?

budah, be there May 22-26. Now, don't say that about a 4-piece. I was about to pull the trigger on a Sage Xi2 last weekend, and the fly shop guy allowed as to how he always takes his 2-piece rod on board and puts it in the coat rack. I love my XP and don't want to get another saltwater rod. Anyone else think a 2-piece rod won't make it on the plane? I'm not checking luggage.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
J
J
Hi Guys,

I'm traveling to the island May 23-26. I still haven't decided where we're staying. I'm an avid fisherman in Miami. I flat fish and go deep sea fishing all the time. I don't do much fly fishing, though. I was wondering if there are bait shops on the island where I can buy shrimp or crabs. Skippy, since you seem to know the island a little better than I do, I'd love to get together and maybe do some fishing together. Also, what part of the island would you guys recommend we stay, North, South, or the San Pedro Area?

JLF

skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
JLF, as I said in my first post, this is my first time to AC. I'm coming to look at properties, and try to get some fishing in between showings.

J
J
Skippy,

No problem.....Let's keep in touch and maybe we can do a little bone fishing...

Regards,

JLF

B
B
skippy& jlf213
i'll be in town around that time also, my son and i love to fish and are learning the flyfishing trade the last couple years and are taking our fly gear down this time. check in at B.C.'s evenings. trade fish tales. check out steve at fishingsanpedro.com or check out other post here. peace

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.