Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
from a friend...
1. Be sure to have a phone.

2. Be sure to have credit for that phone.

3. Be sure to learn the transportation system: citywide bus, countrywide bus, dollar taxi, regular taxi, late night taxi

4. Know bank holidays

5. Know where Chinee shops are located.

6. Make friends everywhere you go. Leave your imprint, but also take theirs with you when you have to leave.

7. Internet Cafe

8.Hot water is not a right.

9.A 3:30 meeting may not be at 3:30.

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
10. Belikin bottles are deceivingly heavy

11. Don't gamble with Elva @ Canuck's unless you have $$ to lose

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
12. Don't swim in the lagoon at night
13. No see'ums are really THAT!
14. There is such a thing as TOO MUCH BELIKINS
15. Bot Fly?? OMG!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
16. Sunsets really are prettier (along with the lunar eclipse).
17. Belize time is Belize time, it's not anything else BUT!
18. Sand between my toes feels better in SP than anywhere else!

Take the road less traveled
19. Growth is progress when it is yours 20. Growth is harmful to the ecology...after yours mad

Last edited by Bill Thornton; 05/14/08 02:38 AM.

Gone fishing!!
S
S
This is all very interesting.. I am a woman who lives in Canada and I am thinking about moving to Belize. Crazy as it seems. Friends of mine just had a vacation in Belize and enjoyed every minute of it.
I would be interested in chatting with people about life in Belize.

Sereana,
Great choice on the moving plans, I am from New England and I am making the move my self I chose San Pedro, is that where you are thinking of moving to also? Have you ever been to Belize I would suggest that before you leave everything behind that you spend a at least a month or two to see what it is like, you might also want to try different times of the year to see if you can tolerate the heat and the conditions between the rainy season and the nice weather just a suggestion. Good luck with what ever you chose and if you make it to San pedro let me know and we can meet for a belikin, and I can show you around the Island

love like you've never been hurt, work like you don't need the money,dance like no one is watching
S
S
My friends were looking at the place called Sittee. Also looking at a place near Belize city called Howler Monkey to purchase.

well the hottest months would be July-Sept. Then comes the rainy season which is approx. Aug.-Nov. Why San Pedro I personally think it is one of nicer places in Belize but I like to be surrounded by water and being that it is an island it fits that bill. Not to mention it has a lot to offer like I said the water night life, good restaurants, and it is very laid back most people drive golf carts, mopeds, or bikes, because cars aren't allowed to all parts of the island. It is a very beautiful place as opposed to Belize city where it is very congested, it is a bigger city although no where as big as cities in the U.S. or Canada. There is also a lot of nature on San Pedro, and the reef is about two hundred yards off the coast. You should look at the photo forums that are on this web site and you will see what I mean. I guess it's a personal choice I obviously prefer The Laid back "No problem" attitude of San Pedro, and another plus is you can always go to Belize City for what ever it is you need, with out ant trouble by either boat or plane. Like I suggested before, you should definitely spend some time in Belize, and get a feel for the different cities and towns for yourself. Good luck and if you have any other question please don't hesitate to contact me.

love like you've never been hurt, work like you don't need the money,dance like no one is watching
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.