Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
Those two traveling gals have been off on a whirlwind trip to France. Can't wait to have them back so we can get an update on their escapades. They should be on their last flight back to North America as we speak!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Can't wait to see their trip report!!!! smile smile

Dare To Deviate
Word on the streets is that there's going to be the necessity of a few days' "recovery time" before any trip reports are posted! wink

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Wooooooo hoooooooooo!

Cherub is back....wooooohoooooo!

Dare To Deviate
the word on the street is completely accurate

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

L
L
Gela, thanks for the welcome home wishes! Fabulous trip, wonderful, fun time. Xavier, Jerome and Pierre will surely miss us! LOL.

Cherub forced me to drink enough French red wine to fill a bathtub.

Woman lives to tell story, news at 1!

i'll have to hear about it when i get back. hope you ladies (madamoiselles?) had the most excellent of times.

Originally Posted by seashell
the word on the street is completely accurate

Outta be - my sources are very reliable! laugh

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Thanks for the warm welcome home, everyone!

Well, I had a long nap and when I woke up, even though it was after 2 am, my body thought it was 10 am. I had a bite to eat got caught up on Survivor (only to find that it finished on Sunday and I've missed the finale). Though some could say, that our France sojourn was equivalent to an episode of Survivor. I'm going to head back to bed now and see if I can get a bit more on schedule.

Back to work tomorrow (Wednesday). I came home to a flood of emails, some work related and another telling me that my father is in the country. I wasn't expecting him until the weekend.

It was an amazing trip and I did my very best to eat every last escargot, even though Laurie couldn't look at me while I ate them.

We made a pretty big dent in the red wine stock too.

But it wasn't all food and drink. Our eyes feasted on the historical sites and our feet trod where kings and queens and popes have trod before us.

We have the Paris metro system mastered, can find our way most anywhere in the city . . .and most importantly find our way back too!

We made new friendships in our neighborhood in Paris and probably left at least one broken heart behind. As Pierre always said "nobody moves, no body gets hurt" and then he would add that he was trying to work on his French accent.

With one exception, we found the French people to be warm, generous, helpful, curious and humorous.

The whole trip was a delight though absolutely brutal on the body. Every day there was a new ache or pain and just when my body had become used to it and stopped hurting, it was sadly time to return home.

I have some tips for others that plan to make such a journey of adventure. 1) Do all the important site seeing early in the day and early in the trip if possible. 2) Give yourself as much time as you can at each place you visit, though it will never be enough. 3) Take the train, it's an awesome way to travel, but NEVER take the upper level if you are hauling more than one bag. 4) If you see something you want to buy, buy it when you see it! 5) Book tours to the famous sites, sure it costs more, but time is money. Laurie and I were ushered right in while others stood outside in massive lines of humanity for hours in the blistering sun. 6) Never pass up an opportunity to use la toilette 7) Don't be afraid to take the local bus through the Provence countryside. 8) Always make sure your room has a tub for soaking. Bubble baths can be your second best friend. 9) Take the best walking shoes/sandals you can find and take more than one pair 10) A woman can never have too many pashminas

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 316 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.