Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#280391 05/16/08 08:57 AM
OP Offline
Hello - I have made the mistake of going places (and wanting to snorkel) at the wrong time of year. It has always depended on whether or not it was hurricane/cyclone season. Can anyone tell me if the snorkeling is good in June and/or July?

Thanks! Susie

C
C
I think snorkeling is great June and July.

Yup. No snorkeling season as such, it has always been good. It would depend on the weather on each particular day.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Bobber #280396 05/16/08 09:41 AM
OP Offline
Thanks guys - another question - do you think I'd be an idiot (time-wise) to go from Miami-Belize (maybe AC?) just for one week? I really want to do some snorkeling!

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
That would be your call, Suzie. I will say that there are a lot of us who come from much farther away and treasure our week on AC. A lot more to do and see and experience than the snorkeling.
smile

No, we are the idiots that leave Paradise to go to Miami to shop for a week.

Come on down and enjoy the water. Try to negotiate good deals - it is kind of slow season so you should get good prices. The flights should be a decent price too.

Bobber #280399 05/16/08 09:54 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Bobber for the words - I agree about time/distance but everyone is saying - yeah, yeah, what do they know? I went to Thailand for 2 weeks from San Francisco and it was worth it! I need to do a little research on what else to do - any particular MUST-DOs? Thanks in advance!!

OP Offline
Hi Amanda,

Sounds like you are lucky and live there! That is my idea of what to do in a few years. Do you have any advice on finding good deals as I have no contacts? I have traveled around the world alone (backpacker style) and always just got lucky or just settled for whatever so I not a total idiot and am a great barterer. This time, I have some $$, and would like to stay somewhere nicer that a youth hostel and do things I normally would not have, due to $. Thanks in advance! Susie

You just reminded me of another young lady traveller who went to AC.

//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/article42.html

OP Offline
I LOVE Indian food so thanks for the info (altho it may be biased smile I should look on a map, but are you in the center of town? Where do most tourists stay? I am looking for mid-range places. Thanks!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.