Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
C
looks like I struck a match,and am now watching it burn......

OP Offline
Prime Minister Dean Barrow
"Arrangements are being made to facilitate the movement of regional tourists across our borders through the implementation of a tourist card program and through the improvement of air traffic between Cancun and Belize. These measure will be accompanied by special promotions of Belize to these at hand markets."

Improvement of air traffic between Cancun and Belize? Hmmmmmm.....the Prime Minister must not think this idea is so stupid!

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
E
E
PM was referring to cun-bze.
Look dude, if you want to live on an island that has direct international flights from high density airports, the world has lots of 'em.It seems the consensus on this board (island) is for quainter, more laid back tourism and lifestyle for the residents.

OP Offline
Who said anything about "high density"?

Read the earlier post prior to posting in order to be better informed. The Bahama islands have many "international" air strips most of which cannot accomodate "jet" traffic and would certainly not be considered "high density" even by the most radical environmentalist.

Making AC a direct arrival airport does not mean jets, large terminal buildings nor "high density" air traffic.

Although ones definition of "high density" air traffic is certainly a relative term.

The above quote from the PM was copied directly from the reporting news source. I don't read Cancun to Belize City only into that quote and I don't see how you did. How can you know exactly what he has planned? AC is the cash cow for all of Belize. Increasing tourism / arrivals / money for Belize and it's people means increasing those for AC.

Last edited by Belize-N-Us; 05/17/08 01:45 PM.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
"AC is the cash cow for all of Belize."

Yes, as it now is.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
E
E
Yo bnu i said FROM high density.
I'm not "reading any thing into" what PM said. I ask him.

The airstrip in San Pedro is already busting at the seams. The most dangerous part of skydiving there is walking out of the SunBreeze Hotel and trying to get across the street to the plane! Adding private or Intl. flights just makes the already busy area really congested.

To fly a plane there that is not Belizean registered you have to fill out some paperwork, pay some fees and file your info with Civil Aviation. There is a company in Goldson Intl. called Aero Dispatch to help pilots with all of that. And Customs checks out your aircraft and Immigration clears you after checking your passport/visa status.

There are only a few carriers in Belize with a Belizean operating certificate to fly passengers. Tropic Air, Maya Island Air, Caribean Cargo, Javier's Flying Service and Astrum Helicopters.

Now to add arrivals with any sort of aircraft directly to SP will need some infrastructure. But the real problem is lack of space. I fly a Twin Otter there every February for the skydive event. We fly 8-10 loads per day for 10 days. It is getting harder to find a place to park our plane each year. And sometimes we sit with the props turning waiting for 10 minutes to get a slot for takeoff.

So now add our plane, a BDF Air Wing flight now and then, the regular carriers, a couple of private planes that are on the airstrip and things get really busy in February.

Why won't Intl. arrivals on SP work?
There is no taxi way to stage on, there is no fuel, there is little aircraft parking, it's really busy now, there is no Civil Aviation, ATC, Customs or Immigration on the airstrip and finally the big one...
If the powers that be want it, it may happen, but I doubt it.

Well, we have beaten this dog to death, let's move on to getting better medical care on the island first!

T
T
When Tropic acquires Maya, Basil Jones will be renamed for the country's hero aviator. Yhe GOB will recognize the opportunity and assist in the development of central america's most experienced airline. The DHT will likely beat the Cancun-Belize-Tikal route to start. Eventually the Belize airline will support the only intercontinental airport in centro america. overtake TACA's associations and affiliations and serve European holiday makers as the point of arrival. No, things will never be the same.

let's hope that fantasy stays just that

G
G
Where is the bitchin post? I need to!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.