Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
Welllllllll I have all the laundry done from our trip to Belize and repacked for our trip in the 13th to Panama. Did I ever tell you I love being retired?

We arrived on SP on the 23rd and checked into Ruby's Hotel. After we went through the mix up with the old name on the CC and the new name I tried to check in with. ARggggggggg

First thing on the agenda was to find Keli (I Do Weddings) and give here the mattress pad I brought down for her. It took three days but finally about 3PM we were sitting on our balcony and this lovely young lady jogging by stopped and said "Are you Nancy?". "Yes I am. Are you Keli?". We met at BC's ( not one of you had name tags on BTW!!!) and took Keli to dinner at Blue Water. Very good. Love the mussels. Yummmmy. A very nice young lady also. We enjoyed the visit very much.

On the 24th we rented a golf cart and ran up and down the island. We went as far north as the Rendezvous and had a lovely chat with the owner there. Wish we had had time to go back for dinner.

One day we went snorkeling at Shark Raye Alley and had a great time. If you had told me I'd ever be in the water with SHARKS Id'a told you to step awayyyyyyyyyyy from the pipe. I had a HUGE moray swim right up to me (OK maybe it was 3-4 feet away)!
Had a drink at Fido's south and then dinner at Fido's in SP proper. Great bartender and very nice dinner.

Went back to BC's and kept seeing this couple that looked sooooooo familiar. Hummmmmmm. Do I say HI or not? Still NO ONE HAD ON NAME TAGS. Kept trying to figure out who was who.
BTW who is the guy that wears a denim jacket with the Harley patch on it?

Bought a print from Island Dog. Nice guy. Really enjoyed talking to him. Felt like I knew him from reading about him here.

Next stop was Dangiga to drop off some goodies for Belizegal's family. Would loved to have spent a lot more time there visiting with them. William (son) was a perfect gentleman. Lot's of "Yes Mam's". Handsome too. Vanessa (daughter) a darling young lady. Very polite and such a beauty. Daddy needs to get a shotgun handy for when she starts dating. Mama was recovering from surgery so we didn't stay too long. Daddy is a Britt so he was fun. Are all Britt's crazy..............in a good way of course?
Stayed at Pal's. Owner used to be a school principal and a co-worker of Daddy, Belizegal's hubby.

On to San Ignancio for four more nights. Great view from the Cahal Pech Village Resort. But so much smoke the distance you can see is restricted. Use to be that way in lots of areas in the states too.

We visited the Cahal Pech & Xunantunich ruins. Breathtaking both.

When we were waiting for the flight in Dallas we saw a couple that just "looked" like they were going home to Belize. They were. John and Judy from Trek Stop. Very nice folks. We did stop by their place for a visit. If you have never been there at least stop by and see the wonderful butterflies they breed.
And not matter how much we put if off it was time to head back home. We stopped at Burrell Boom to have one last lunch of chicken, rice and beans. Then on to the airport.

Strange thing.........I see another lady that I had seen in San Pedro walking by Ruby's. On the flight home this lady kept looking back at me and smiling. Damn she looked sooooo familiar. Hummmmm? Finally FTWB says "Aren't the same people that were on the flight down?". Well DAMN!!! OK, I say "HI" and weren't' you........ "Yes we were" etc, etc. They go down from Cedar Creek Texas to SP every three weeks to fish. Man, what a rough life. Very nice folks. Did I tell you that they were at BC's too? I had at least 3-4 opportunities to talk to them and for some dumb reason didn't. I think I was so occupied in trying to figure out who everyone was at BC's at least.

And I am one of those women that will talk to a wall and get it to talk back to me!!! (((((BLUSH))))

The regulars at BC's probably know who I am talking about. I don't know if they post here or if they do what their net names are.

End of story is that we loved it and will be back when time allowes. Thanks to those that enriched our visit.

LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT TO LIVE THE DREAM ...COOL POST THANKS ..

Last edited by captjeff; 06/05/08 01:08 PM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
Thanks for the trip report Nancy. Great read.

I'm guessing that was Pirate smile

Dare To Deviate
N
OP Offline
N
Thanks Chloe.

When we got home FTWB said "Well it's a nice place to visit but I don't think I'd want to live there". We had gone down to check out moving there. We have been looking for a home outside the states for a while.

Anyway last month we were in Nevis, St. Kitts and back to St. Croix. We go to St. Croix 3-4 times a year. Sooooooo anyway I am telling someone about Ambergris Caye and how FTWB said he didn't think he would want to live there. FTWB pips up with "You know the more I think about it the more I like it". Looks like another trip is in the works. Yepppiiiiieeee

I think his favorite place ,drinking wise, was BC's. Me too.

Glad to hear it Nancy1340.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.