Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
ROB Offline OP
OP Offline
R
GOING TO AC ON THURSDAY.
NEED TO KNOW HOW THE HOTELS ARE HOLDING OUT?
THE SUNBREEZE, HOLIDAY HOTEL, ETC.....
HOW HIGH IS THE WATER? HOW ABOUT THE HOTEL STRUCTURES. IS THEIR ANYTHING LEFT ON FRONT STREET. FIDO'S AND BIG DADDY'S....?
PRAYING FOR ERVERYONE IN THE PATH OF THE STORM.........

B
B
Rob, my friend and I are going on Thursday as well. We were told that we might want to cancel. Have you been told that, or are you still planning on making the trip? I'm 50/50 on the subject and could uses some input from someone else in the same boat. What are you thoughts? Thanks, Barb

There should be additional info in the next 24 hours. Right now what little bit leaks out doesn't look to good as far damage is concerned. Unless I was taking my hammer and nails (which if needed I will in four weeks), I probably wouldn't go until at least two or three weeks have passed. There is every indication that this is going to be huge mess for a while.

E
E
I am sticking to my plans!! I am leaving for AC on Friday. Any ideas on what I should bring down, to help? Water purification stuff, blankets, medicine?? I am curious about the amount of damage, has anybody heard?

J
J
ERLISS, you might want to contact Jeff Gram, he's coordinating relief. email is [email protected]

Rob:
I was supposed to go to AC when Mitch hit and they told me to not come down. You should check into it before you confirm. I was told that 2 weeks later was okay to go. I am planning on going in Nov (1 month exactly). I hope it is not suffering too much damage.

P
P
Remember all....
Nonresidents were not allowed on the island after Mitch for a period of time so as not to stretch limited resourses such as power, water, food. I live there and am doubtful I will make it back home on Thursday. Love the willingness to help and no doubt San Pedro will be ready for tourists rather quickly if I know my friends....
Pamela

S
S
As someone else on the board said before, AC and the rest of Belize needs our respect and assistance right now. Any planned immediate vacations would be completly disprespectful to them. Belizeans have done so much for us and our comfort in the past.
If you still plan on going, drop your scuba gear and cell phones and help them every second you are there! They need us. If you still go, know there are several of us back home that wish we could be there with you to roll up our sleeves and help also.

T
T
we are more than willing to help in any way. my husband & i have planned this vacation for 2 mo. but will enjoy helping out in any way..i think thats why god is still sending us there..our hearts are broke for the people of belize...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.