Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
colo - sorry i missed you there. i could have walked right past you and not known it...another time!

bf doesnt think much of belikin either - but when in Rome...

Was there the same time you where fished the reef and the back islands because of the wind only go half days full day way to much for me .. One day we had to stop fishing at ten oclock we caught lots of fish and where tired ..Not a joke now we fish the bottom ramas[structures made of sticks] and shallow reefs use spin tackel ,2.0 hooks sardines for bait no trolling for the big monsters just lots of reef fish action one after the other lots of fun. And one day hooked into 25 lb jack on 12 lb test on a whole live sardine took me 25 min to land great fun ,fished with local Capts abel guerro 2 days and ,and Capt pete graniel boat boat reel lady 2 days all booked with fishingsanpedro.comn my friend and buddy and fishing broker... At the end of each day caught a mess of mixed fish and feed lots of hungry people, snapper ,jacks cuda etc . have always had good days some better than others !!! have tried trolling not me ,not my thing to fish all day and get three or four hits...but do think some people come out here wanting to troll for the big ones!!! I do not think productive as the bottom/reef fishing .As you may land a big wahoo or sail?? but most only catch a few cuda .So can be boring. I read your report sounds like you had fun .I still think the island has some great food , and great resturants again just my opinion ..Next trip down let me know when your comming here.. I try to go once a month if I am here we will fish together and will show you the real deal ..again thanks for your report ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Well I'm not much of a drinker so the Belikin is OK for me. Now the food, thats my thing. I haven't found food there that I didn't like. Between the outdoor vendors and the restaurants..We've only been to AC twice so far but we try to eat at different places. I think its GREAT!!! I do, however agree with the Cozumel theory. After visiting Cozumel every year for 14 years, its definitely getting to be too much. The quaintness is almost gone. It's getting too high brow. What a shame. I am hoping AC doesn't follow suit, I love it too much.

I know!? What the hell is this guy talking about!?

I'm from Seattle and we have more micro-brews then not, and let me tell you... if you're going to have a standardized beer for an entire country... Belikin is not a bad option! The stout is great! The regular is a good solid beer, and WHAT THE HELL is this cat saying about the rum here!? It's some of the best in the world! It's 10 bucks for a shot of it at home! TEN BUCKS! It's got this beautiful caramel flavor that can't be beat! You can practically order it on the rocks! Try that with Bacardi and you'll choke!

Ok... I'm done.

I agree about the turtle grass.

T
t42 Offline
T
American beer brewmaster? Well that explains it.

What's up with the Belikin's only being 9 ounces though, no wonder I couldn't get my drink on!
LOL!

L
L
ncrf, I don't care for Belikin either, so I drink the Lighthouse beer when in Belize. I have tasted much better rums from other Caribbean nations (Dominican Republic (Brugal) has one of the best).

They have beer on the island?

Good trip report, I have been shut out while fishing on occasion but like I have heard before; "A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work" Come back and try it again, we do!

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
B
B
Wow, I can't believe the knocks on the rum! I'd rather have a shot of One Barrel over ice than a premium Scotch! I'm actually trying to talk our local liquor store into acquiring it!

As for the beer, I prefer alternating between the stout & the premium, but that's me.

But on either, you have to at least try it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.