Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Saw the new Indiana Jones movie today. There are two mentions in the movie of the "Mitchell-Hedges skull" allegedly found at Lubaantun (but widely considered a fraud).

The movie was pretty entertaining, especially the first half of it, but the plot got more and more ridiculous as the film went on. Still, it's fun, and the crystal skull thing probably will be a boost to tourism in Belize.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Thanks for the review, Lan. Will go see it and leave half-way through. smirk

Gone fishing!!
I've an unexploed Mayan Temple on my recently acquired property in Belize. I wonder if there could be yet another skull stashed there? What a thought!

Harvey Wood
Just be careful Harvey -- I would hate to read that while searching for the skull it exploed in your face -- how sad would that be? wink

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
I saw the movie on Thursday... Bad Script, Bad Acting, Rushed Lines, No Rhythm... but the action was really fun and kept the movie very tollerable, even near enjoyable.

We saw it a few hours ago...and in the early part, when the plane was flying over that map...my hubby noticed they had
Belize on the map. BELIZE as such didn't EXIST at the time period the movie's set in!! it was still British Honduras!! Someone didn't do their homework!! LOL!! We enjoyed it!!

"Sometimes I go this way, sometimes I go that way-but it's always MY way!" LOL! "Cheshire" in CA
OP Offline
Some old maps show the country as Belize and not British Honduras, even during the colonial period.

For example, on my wall I have an antique map of Central America from the late 19th century. I'm looking at it now, and the country is shown as Belize (actually Belise, even though the map is in English). I assume this mapmaker accepted the claim of Guatemala that Belize was a territory of Guatemala.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
i didn't see the movie - will wait for Netflix.

i did catch a 2 hour show on the crystal skull(s) tiVo'd off the history channel. they showed the Mitchell-Hedges skull and talked up the unusual properties (something about when lasers pass thru it the light is refracted into the eye sockets?), and how they came here from aliens (i'm just tellin it, i didnt make it up). they speculate that for an ancient people to make it, it would have to be polished for 300 yrs. the legend says something like they contain knowledge - computer chips also contain quartz in the memory - if one knows how to extract it, as the maya did. 8 of the 13 skulls have been discovered to date. it continues to say that if the 13 skulls can be found, brought together, and aligned in a circle, the prophesized apocalypse of 12/21/2012 can be circumvented. there are now several, um, [cults] working on this.

ok. suuuuuuure.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie! It was silly and camp and unbelievable, but that's about what I expected. I laughed out loud at the fridge scene!

Kat

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.