Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
seashell #281525 05/26/08 08:16 AM
seashell

After fare of $372.00 and taxes/fees of $368.05 for a total ticket price of $740.05 each. Total amount on my m/c was $1480.10

Northern Canuck - I sure wish it was feasible for us to fly via Toronto. Sure would make things easier. I heard a rumour that there is going to be direct flights from Belize City to Vancouver in the future, so we will be watching for that.

Sharyn

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped
http://belizeanbeachbums.blogspot.com/
That is just great! I repeat, good find for you on the airfare.

But wow, can you believe those taxes and fees?!!?! Even the ones against my ticket at $890 are only $134.

I hope yours also includes Belize exit fees?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

seashell #281564 05/26/08 05:00 PM
A
A
I am assuming that the REDICULOUS taxes and fees include the new fuel fees that the airlines are adding! We are in Regina and to make a loooong story short - we start at 3:30 by dragging our asses out of bed, getting to the airport for the 5:40 flight to Calgary to catch the 8 a.m. flight to Houston and then the 2:40 flight to BZE AND (if we are very lucky) get through customs and catch the 5:40 flight to San Pedro. We then get to the condo and drink heavily for about a half an hour and are DONE for the day!!!

I am very interested in the connections out of Vancouver. Can you elaborate a little and we will try to catch one of those flights because the senario avove is upwards of $1,350.00 per person. No...I am not kidding.

Aviator #281605 05/27/08 07:29 AM
I hear you Aviator.

Although we both hail from the west coast, our final years before retirement were spent in Edmonton. We found it easier and cheaper to take the Red Arrow Bus to Calgary, stay overnight and fly out of there. The money we saved in air fare paid for the hotel and the bus trip. Our last trip before retirement (last September) would have been approximately $1600 each but we cut it in half to just over $800 each. So we were rested and in a much better frame of mind for the flight. It makes a world of difference getting to the airport the day before (we stayed at the Airport Delta). You might want to check this out.

Sharyn

N
N
$368 in taxes? Wow! Mine are only $109 equally split between Canada, US and Belize. I found taxes and charges vary quite a bit between airlines. At least the Can$ is doing well, makes it a little cheaper than in American. Might look into using Aeroplan on USAirways next time since Air Canada doesn't fly to BZE yet.

Hopefully they will soon.... now if we could just get WestJet there, we could use our airmiles....

C
C
We found a one way to Toronto from Belize for $400.....not bad!

canukgirl #281705 05/27/08 05:24 PM
A
A
Aeroplan, for us, really isn't that bad. We leave here to T.O. around eight, we have a few hours in T.O. and then onto Charlotte where we overnight. This really is not that bad because we arrive in BZE around eleven thirty the next morning and still have a full day. We are normally on the island at or around twelve-thirty. And, as previously noted, we are rested. I really do hate overnighting in T.O. on the way back. If we are unable to get the 1 pm flight back to YQR we arrive in the T.O. hotel aroud 1 a.m. and then have to catch the 8 a.m. flight. NASTY! MAN that billion dollar airport is a mess!!! We almost missed a flight home to YQR from T.O. because of line ups at the airport and we were there 2 hours prior to our flight PLUS we already had our boarding passes (from a kiosk) and we had our bags tagged to YQR right from when we left BZE!!! They would not let us simply drop our bags and go, we had to go to the person at the counter where we "dropped our bags and went"???

On another note, I have personally spoken with a West Jet upper echelon person and he said that they had looked at Belize and have decided againgst it. However, there is another "startup" charter company that is very interested in going from Calgary to Belizd direct, this will apparently take several years unfortunately.

Aviator #281715 05/27/08 08:30 PM
N
N
I agree Aviator YYZ is usally a mess... understaffed and unorganized (at least Air Canada desks) and talk about 'attitude!' I guess they forget they were a Crown Corp and are where they are because of our tax dollars! LOL. I don't know what USAirways is like, I think they have just moved to Terminal 1, hope they are better.

Here's a kick in the pants. I booked a flight last week to San Francisco. There was a seat sale on Air Canada, $159 each way. By the time I was finished with surcharges, taxes and fees the bill went to $512.63 . . . Today I get an email from Air Canada announcing yet another summer seat sale, so I check it out. Exactly the same flights, are $159 on the way down and $139 on the way back. Here's the kicker, the final total after surcharge, taxes and fees is $512.13. The surcharge went up from $95 on the first ticket I actually booked to $115 on the later seat sale. What's the deal? Is this some kind of scam?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.