Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Los Cabos is the worst....guys right outside customs pretending to be car rental agents. Relentless.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
ahhh, c'mon. it is more a small annoyance than anything. and they did pretty much stay to the area of their booths. (that said, it would have been nice not to have to deal with it, or the stupid big fat rope north of the bridge)

this is SOOO not a reason not to go to AC. like not going to the prom cuz your date chipped the polish off a toenail.

how 'bout that food and reef, huh?? didja see my pics??? LOL

We were constantly being pitched, but they were always friendly and we started out replying, "we've already been there - thanks great place." After a while though we started to be more creative and turned it back on them, "well we just bought at Banyan, we'll sell it to you and buy Reef instead." In the end, I was just saying no thanks, we're moving soon. I agree, though... its not what most vacationers want, but it also pretty harmless. I just figured, No Worries!

M. Sjulstad
M&M Trivia - JAMPT UP Band
The one and only time I went to Puerto Vallarta my sister taught me a trick that has worked for me everywhere. Instead of ignoring the peddler I look them right in the eye as they approach and very slightly give a no nod. As she said, once they engage you in conversation you are stuck.

It works really well here with all the Guatemalan people on the beach. I find them more offensive than the time share one as so many people come here and think they are buying authentic Belize art work.

As a member of the Chamber of Commerce I have to report that this issue is addressed on an on going basis. Time Share people are not to be more than 10 feet from their booth.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
We still get pitched (mostly from Costa Maya) and we have lived here over 2 years.

Paul always answers quickly we live here and it is all good.

I can see how it can be a bit of a pain and intrusive, the benefits of the island far out weigh timeshare people hustling to make a living.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

"I live here." Thanks TG -- I'm using that one.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
When approached do the old New Orleans trick in reverse on them. Bet them that you know where they got their shoes (if wearing) and when they name the store you correct them saying that they have them on their feet on (Street name) in San Pedro and then walk away counting their money. grin grin

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
N
N
We were there a few weeks ago and really had no problem with them. We did talk to a very nice man , Steve, and asked about a house we saw for sale that is on the south end. He called about it but was never pushy. Pretty house but it seemed the biting flies were much worse there. It wasn't as far as the swamp and gators.

If you just lick their face they usually run away from you.

This works with almost anyone you don't want talking to you.

Except the police? For some reason it never works with the police?

skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
No, it works with the police too.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.