Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JRinSC Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,

Just checking to see if anyone has stayed here and there impressions. I have checked the web site and it really looks very nice. We would be coming (party of 5 in rooms/huts) in December and probably stay over Christmas.

I am going to email them, but I thought I would get your thoughts first. For example, are bikes available at the resort or, if not, can you rent them in town.

Any comments about what to do in Corozal would be appreciated.

TIA

I vacationed for over a week (last week of January) at the Corozal Bay Resort. The owners mention to guests to make reports, favorable or not on different websites such as this one and TripAdvisor as someone has been giving them bad press. From what we heard snooping around at the other hotels the competition was bad mouthing and trying to hurt the Corozal Bay Resort business. We stayed in cabana 7 and have to report the rooms were excellent. Clean and comfortable, cold air, big tv, hot water and fluffy towels. There was some construction work going on as they are upgrading the whole property. The construction work is hardly noticeable except for a few ladders. The thatch roof area was sealed with tinted glass sliding doors while we were there and looks and is super cozy. It was open air when we arrived but the owners say they got rained out too often. They also say it will be air conditioned soon and will be adding a nightclub of which the shell is already built. The swimming pool was sparkling clean and blue. We know, as were were in it every day. They had bikes for rent which we did not need. As I mentioned we visited all the other hotels in town and the rate of $55.00 at the Corozal Bay Resort was impossible to beat as they offer so much more bang for the buck.

JRinSC Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, JT...

I am glad to hear that you like it and that they are improving. Thanks very much for your report!!

Julian

Corozal Bay resort is a charming little place, with a huge bar area (although its a sleepy village really, not much night life) beautiful pool, walking distance from center of town and a great view. My team and i were staying at tonys, just next door. Personally, and as i said to my friend who lives in corozal, i would stay at the corozal bay inn, and eat next door at tonys as the bay inn doesnt have a restaurant.

its nice place. book it and enjoy.

JRinSC Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Lara,

Thanks for the info.. I didn't know that the restaurant at Corozal Bay Resort has closed!

When did this happen? mad Rats!!

There is a restaurant at the Corozal Bay Resort. It is under the big round palapa which also houses the bar. Ate there daily and breakfast started 7ish and they served food until almost midnight every day. They served 1 pound of shrimp per order of ceviche and peel and eat shrimp. All the food was great, tasty and enough. Loved the fajitas. Lots of locals having a good time almost every night.

JRinSC Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks again, JT

I am glad to know that the restaurant is indeed open and doing well. I was hoping that that was the case. wink

C
C
We just stayed there in April - really enjoyed it - good value - definitely nice food in the restaurant and good service from the staff.

We were in Unit 4.

We plan on returning later this year - possibly sometime in Dec.

Only negative is that they need to clean the bathroom near the restaurant better - was getting rather nasty.

Connie
Kelowna, BC, Canada

JRinSC Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Connie!

Glad to hear it -- we are booked with them from 12/23/08 - 1/4/09. Can you give me any tips / suggestions from your visit as far as places to go and things to do. I know of several, but it never hurts to find out all you can about a place and this forum is a wonderful place to learn from a lot of great folks.

Thanks in advance!

Julian

C
C
Tony's next door has nice food, and so does Patty's. We didn't do a lot when we were there in Corozal (other than we ended up buying some property in Sarteneja via Corozal Realty (small world scenario - Warren Mudry has a brother who lives in Kelowna and works with our friend at Costco) - but we didn't know that until there in Belize - just a fluke that we connected with Warren. We did bus it to Belize City though and then went to Caye Caulker for 2 days - did snorkelling trip through Tsunami Adventures. Stayed at Blue Wave - ok, nothing special. In Belize City - stayed at Hotel Mopan - quite decent. Next time we are back we'll spend more time seeing local sights. We essentially just walked around a lot, talked to random people - and then hung out at the Corozal Bay Inn bar. If you end up eating at Tony's - their staff member Pamela is great. At Corozal Bay Inn - Galindo, Paco and Maya (last 2 just got married or were supposed to). Maya isn't even staff - she just helps out for something to do - lol. Also - best internet spot is Gamma Computer Center - Armando is the owner. Next would be Mirador hotel but they don't have a mouse for their keyboard so that was a pain. You'll like it in Belize. Just ignore the garbage around - it is getting better we understand. Caye Caulker was very clean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.