Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28248 10/03/00 02:38 PM
V
vnet Offline OP
OP Offline
V
I wonder what your economy would be like without those selfish americans. are you indicating that you would rather have the hurricane come to Ambergris instead of some place else. Vince

Vince
#28249 10/03/00 02:58 PM
C
C
First and foremost, the news that there was no loss of life is very relieving. That said, I am also sorry to hear that there was so much damage done to Belize and the people's homes who live there. However, I am an American, and I take offence at the notion that just because I am concerned about my honeymoon that I am selfish. Look at my other posts on these boards over the past 12 hours. My first concern is for the safety and health of all those affected by this storm. The fact that I have lost over 7 THOUSAND dollars has been a secondary consideration. The fact is that tourism supports your country, and without it you would not have the resources that you do to recover from this tragedy. I have now made a SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLAR (THAT'S AMERICAN DOLLARS) to the relief effort, and if I hear anyone call myself or any other concerned world citizen selfish for it you should be ashamed of yourself. My honeymoon is shot. I still gave to help. My fiancee is in tears and my mother in law is upset, certainly no comparison for what happened there but you are obviously insane if you think that my concerns are not legitimate. You have worked years to build what was destroyed, I saved for years to give my best friend and soon to be wife the honeymoon of her dreams. That is gone now. So we do have something in common, the feeling of loss. I decided to do something constructive with it, perhaps any of you Belizeians who have a problem with us Americans should stop your bitching and do the same.

Christian Bagley
[email protected]
Austin, Texas USA
#28250 10/03/00 04:39 PM
C
C
As an American who has been looking foward to my first visit to your island "paradise" , and reading the feelings of people against Americans, I'm sorry I picked Belize. Correct me if I'm wrong, but without the fishing and scuba and resorts catering to mainly Americans, what would you do for revenue on your Island.

#28251 10/04/00 01:12 PM
E
E
"If you love Belize, you will send money" ?
Huh? How ignorant can a group of people be.

Everybody, with a few exceptions, is trying to do what they can, any way they can, but to say some people are selfish because of an opinion, and that the only people who care about Belizeans and Belize are those who send cash, well that's idiotic!

We all need to do what we can to help, but to continue this bogus line of name-calling and hate mongering is not going to do anything good from Belizeans.

As far as the negative crap against Americans, well I got news for you.
Americans love Belize. To try to lump us all into some 'hate category' shows that the person who makes that claim is just plain dumb.

Let's move on to HELP Belize, not promote hatred.

#28252 10/04/00 01:15 PM
C
C
Well said.

Robin Holder
#28253 10/04/00 02:08 PM
C
C
Here Here!

I was getting a little miffed at the fact that there is so much bickering between people, when there are some really big problems going on.....

Imagine a disater happened to you (to the people that are bickering back & forth) I'm sure that you wouldn't want a bunch of people being critical of you, the people that are trying to help you, or your country......

There are so many people that need our help, let's just be thankful we are in the position to help.

#28254 10/05/00 11:45 AM
B
B
Just because we share a concern with you Belize ppl, doesnt make us selfish. Look at ALL the bad things that happen here in the USA ! We dont live in Belize, therefore, we dont know much about whats going on. We are however concerned . Dont label us, unless you would liked to be labeled, too !

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.