Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Here's an idea... Since it's relatively easy to get a self employment license, why don't you get one to set up a clinic and hire doctors already on the island or in the country to perform the medical services? Or instead rent the clinic beds and offices out to those patients and doctors who need them but don't have them.

May not be your first choice, but would provide you income while providing the services required without a need for a medical license.

Last edited by deadserious; 06/05/08 12:31 PM.
Originally Posted by bywarren
my different view point from Belize-N-US is about "protectionism". I believe it is necessary for the Belize government to restrict work permits just as they are doing to protect jobs for Belizeans and those who are not Belizean but have qualified to work in Belize.

Protectionism helps only those in the highest places of power. Protectionism helps noone it is intended to help. Government intervention in any free market activity always has unintended consequences.

I recommend picking up a copy of "The Revolution: A Manifesto", by Ron Paul. It's a great read.

OP Offline
He might want to talk to those who finally got a clinic on the island and how long and how hard it was to accomplish that.

E
E
Damn, Dead finally said something I agree with grin

OP Offline
Belize-N-US, I don't mean to sound condecending, but after 39 years of "experiencing" Belize, you do not want to come here and expect to tell Belize how things should be done.

Last edited by bywarren; 06/05/08 12:40 PM.
I'm nothing if not agreeable...

Originally Posted by bywarren
Belize-N-US, I don't mean to sound condecending, but after 39 years of "experiencing" Belize, you do not want to come here and expect to tell Belize how things should be done.

It is understanable that he is frustrated over having the training and experience to fulfill a stated need, but not the legal right to excercise that training and experience to fulfill that need.

Last edited by deadserious; 06/05/08 12:43 PM.
OP Offline
That will be just the start of frustration. Don't Stop The Carnival . A better read for moving to Belize than Ron's book.

Last edited by bywarren; 06/05/08 12:54 PM.
S
S
You may want to talk to Dr. Gonzales, he is the OB on the island and I do believe he has a birthing room, if not 2.

K
KB Offline
K
Most countries, including the US, have quotas that determine how many people with what basic job skills will be permitted work permits every year. Why do Americans think that they should recieve special treatment when your own country uses the same basic rules to govern their own immigation policy. Belize is a sovereign nation and has a right to dictate their own rules. If you don't like it....stay home!

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 321 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.