Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#283105 06/06/08 03:13 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Hi all,
I will be visiting Ambergris on June 15th and staying for 9 days. I have read numerous posts on this site and have gained a wealth of information. I appreciate everyone's input. Mostly,, my boyfriend and I are interesting in snorkeling and diving, which I have been able to find a lot of information about. However, we are also inerested in the lagoon. We are absolutely NOT interested in a whole day trip, but would like to briefly explore the lagoon by kayak. Can we do this on our own or should we have a guide? If we need a guide, do you recommend anyone in particular? I have searched for places that do tours of the lagoon and the only ones I have found only offer it in conjunction with other activities that lead to a whole day trip.
I appreciate any advice you can give.
Paula

The lagoon is a gorgeous place to kayak. It is rather vast up north of town...one can get lost amoung the connecting riverlets. That being said...the lagoon has great varieties of birdlife, but do keep a heads-up for motorized boats. Don't know who rents kayaks...might try Elito Arceo...he would know.

Gone fishing!!
When I checked in April, Searious rented kayaks and offered guides for exploring the lagoon by the hour.

N
N
We went to the west side of San Pedro and hired a fisherman to take us on a tour of the lagoon in the afternoon. Nice guy but can't remember his name. He relly explained a lot about the area to us and was very happy that we liked his island.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.