Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
OP Offline
T

Hi everyone - - I am coming to Ambergris Caye at the end of June :), and I am just about to book my accommodations. What do you guys think of the Belize Yacht Club? location/amenity wise? Of course the BYC staff raves about it, but comments on the web range from people thinking it was great; to people thinking it was a dive.
I am not too picky; I just want a place close to, or in, town. With a pool. I don't care if it has a nice beach in front of the property - - I don't think the BYC has a beach at all does it? But I don't want a disgusting place either.

Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated!

N
N
Hey Thseeker; i am going to be there for July actually... I know exactly what you mean, the website looks brilliant, but it talks about a few properties so you really dont know what property they are showing on the site.... i look forward to reading what people say.

hey, maybe people can say if the BYC pool is shaped like an Octogon? that is the shape of the pool on their website-

cheers

B
B
I would say that the Yacht Club is a good location...and if you can get a room for under $100usd, it would be an okay deal. There is a beach with some chairs...but a sea wall...you can't walk directly in. The pool tends to be a bit dirty most of the time.

When I was there in March we stayed at the Exotic Caye and friends stayed at BYC. They were very disappointed. They were moved to a offsite "motel" like place which was not too nice. I thought Exotic was better and so did they. They couldnt leave because they did not give refunds..so they stuck it out. The "offsite" place was not that well kept up and it was older furniture etc etc. JMHO...I would make sure that you get a condo ON SITE..and get it in writing. I have been to AC 4 times and each time I stay at Exotic and love it. I will be there again June 27 for 10 days and Exotic it is. I am also impressed with the Sunbreeze. Never been in any rooms, since I spend most of the time at the Mojito Bar LOL. But the exterior looks nice. smile

Last edited by DonnaR; 06/08/08 12:01 PM.
C
C
BYC is very nice, but for the price, I would suggest Exotic Caye Resort. Just my preference

H
H
Pick your room carefully at Exotic Caye.....some are way nicer than others....I'm personally sold on The Palms, and Paradise Villas

The deluxe rooms at Exotic Caye are nicer. Standard rooms tend to be a bit older, smaller, with less amenities. Good location, very clean pool and rooms, and a great beach bar out front. The Palms is also very nice, our personal favorite.

H
H
From the Palms.......there's the Purple Parrot, steps south...BC's steps north and Blue Water Grill another 50 paces. Paradise Villas has Wet Willy's steps away....and town is a few hundred yards south. both great locations

J
J
It wouldn't be choice for a place to stay. When we were looking to buy, the folks there certainly weren't helpful or friendly.

The Sands complex next door has been an eyesore for years. Once again, the area by the newly completed sea wall is being used as a garbage dump.

There are better places for probably less money.

J
JTM Offline
J
Stayed there a couple of years ago and thought the location wsa good. The grounds are nice and well kept, nice pool bar and the staff was friendly and attentive. I'd go back.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.