Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Your assuming the change is to men . I would think its the other way around.

Last edited by elbert; 06/08/08 02:51 PM.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I'll buy that, but Nuts are still nuts. sick

Originally Posted by pugwash
Wouldn't that be the point of the operation....one thing before, another after? Duh!

Originally Posted by travelqueen
Awe man pug... don't show your ignorance now!!

If you are not able to identify any difference between the before "thing" and the after "thing", please come and join us in the mens showers, where I can almost guarantee the Kansas contingent of your fan club will be simultaneously chastising me for my bad taste and yet secretly thanking me at the same time!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
The issue of transsexualism/transgenderism has to do with gender - and, not sexual orientation (as with homosexualism). People who are transsexuals not only relate to people of the other sex, but deep down they truly feel that they ARE members of the opposite sex. They feel that they are trapped in the wrong body. (Can you imagine how that must feel?!)

For argument's sake, lets compare a male-to-female transsexual (MTF) to a gay male (GM). Fine, as someone mentioned before, theoretically if the MTF is attracted to males (which would make sense, if the person considers themself to be truly female), if that person is pre-operative (still has male parts), then yes it would be a male being attracted to another male. BUT. Said person is not looking to have 'gay sex' with their partner. They identify as female. They don't consider themselves male, so they don't view it as 2 men having sex. The MTF is attracted to men who are attracted to females.

The GM, however, is very comfortable in his body. He likes being male and doesn't aspire to become female. He is attracted to men, and finds it a plus when those men find other men attractive.

Transsexuals are not to be confused with transvestites (drag queens/kings or cross-dressers). Transvestites enjoy dressing up in clothing that is generally associated with the opposite sex. They, however, don't aspire to get sex-change surgery. Transvestites can be both heterosexual or homosexual. (Oy vey, right?)

Like I mentioned before, transsexualism shouldn't be confused with sexual orientation. Like someone else mentioned, transsexuals can still be homosexual, just as they can also be heterosexual.

Then there are those who are intersexed, bisexuals, pansexuals, asexuals ... Oof!... We'll leave those for another day tho wink

Class dismissed! smile

Last edited by joey-jo; 06/08/08 07:04 PM. Reason: Coz I can't spell for the life of me!

"Don't be afraid to go out on a limb... that's where the fruit is!"
E
E
Au Geeze

Pansexual? Lets not wait another day for that one!!!
Yep...that's where the fruit is!

Originally Posted by Rykat
Pansexual? Lets not wait another day for that one!!!

I swear... the things you learn on Wikipedia shocked

Originally Posted by Rykat

Unless there's no longer a limb (pun intended grin)

laugh

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.