Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#283783 06/09/08 06:21 PM
cakelee Offline OP
OP Offline
It has been a whole year (sigh) since we have been down, and I've been hearing about new restaurants. Can someone fill me in on where they are located and what kids of food they serve (and what you would recommend or not)? If there are more that are not on this list, please share! Thanks!

Blue Moon
Gordo's - burritos, by Road Kill bar
Bean - north of Palapa Bar
Playa Lounge - Front St, where Cannibals used to be
Pinki Knox - saw earlier post, pork chop meal not recommended
Hidden Treasure
Christo's
El Patio - moved to Front Street
Waraguma - moved by Rock's grocery

cakelee #283805 06/09/08 07:41 PM
Blue Moon is a definite jewel. Juan is fantastic and makes the best margarita I've ever had. It's just south of Big Daddy's (upstairs) but connected to it and the food is awesome and the prices are very reasonable. They are open 11-11 every day but Tuesday, when they are closed.

Christos is very good have only been there once and had lamb roast. Very good.....

Have not eaten at some of the newer ones, but Waraguma and El Patio are good as ever.

Change your Latitude
Waraguma...yum. And its been around for about 10 years, and the food is as great as ever...and very affordable!

Hidden Treasure was great - service, choice, food, timing - excellent. ** Will require a TIP

Same goes for Blue Lotus.

Want to try Pinkie Knox & Bean.

S
S
Unfortunately I tried Waraguma at the new location tonight. I'll leave it at that.

cakelee #283831 06/09/08 09:23 PM
Blue Moon - Great drinks, great food, nice relaxed atmosphere with great view.
Playa Lounge - Great (but pricey) drinks, ok food, cool very relaxed atmosphere, great place to just hang for a few hours.
El Patio - Great food, good prices.
Waraguma - Didn't get a chance to eat there this time, but I don't think it moved. It looked like it was still going at the same hole-in-the-wall location.

The only other one I would add as a must visit...

Blue Lotus - Amazing Food, stellar drinks, out of this world atmosphere and a boat ride too. Price is very high for the island but worth every penny. It was so good we went twice on our last trip.

No Waraguma did move, just two doors down and expanded. It's pretty big. They still set up the papusas in the same area they used to too.

Good to know. must have missed it on my last trip.

N
N
I agree with deadserious about the Playa Lounge... cool place.
Pinki Knox... although the service was good my wife couldn't eat the snapper, my curry was good but VERY spicey (they warn you) and the next table was complaining about the scampi...
We enjoyed Sweet Basil very much!

Also, here are a few honorable mentions (not all new but figured I'd mention them anyway):

Beach'n Kitchen - Friendly place with good food at reasonable prices. And the doggie is very cute and always tired. We like to stop on our trek's north.

French Bakery / Sausage Factory - I recommend stopping by the French Bakery for some amazing bread and then the Sausage Factory for a smoked chicken. Take it back to the room for one fo the best sandwiches you'll have.

Pepperoni's - A very good option for pizza. You must have pizza at least one night while on the island and Pepeproni's is the best island pizza I've had (though haven't yet tried Pedro's which is supposedly great).

Hole in the wall just north of the airport (maby rosie's or ruby's or something) - I forget the name of the place but it's a little orange shack just north of the airport around the corner from the french bakery. Very good burritos and rice and beans. Nice place to get some lunch to go.

Last edited by deadserious; 06/09/08 09:58 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.