Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
OEiley Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I am embarrased as a Belizean to know that ignorant people like "Belizegirl" would give such comments about Americans in a time of despair for the people of my beloved country. I hope that those who have read "Belizegirl's" comments and gotten offended will not take it that ALL BELIZEANS feel the same way. We have to admit that IGNORANT people like "Belizegirl" exist ALL OVER THE WORLD and I apologize that she popped out of nowhere in the wrong place at the wrong time with such senseless comments. I have been reading these comments for the past few days and I was not going to step down to even put anything on the web but as I can see, horrible things are being said to each other and I really really don't want the rest of the world to think that all belizeans are like 'Belizegirl." All I want to say is that this is not necessary and that Belizeans are not the way people like "Belizeangirl" have made us look like. I want to thank all the people that had Belize, San Pedro and Caye Caulker in their thoughts and prayers. Believe me, I know that my Mother, sister and the rest of my family and friends in San Pedro have been and will always appreciate you having them in your thoughts and prayers. I am studying in the United States and if it wasn't for the 100% support of MY AMERICAN friends, I would have lost my mind by now not knowing of my family in San Pedro. I also know that my Parents' hearts are at ease knowing that I am in good hands of caring people.
Belize is a Treasure and I hope that all works out for those who had made previous plans to go visit. I apologize for all the horrible comments being said in a forum that was intended for others to find information on their loved ones. Please just remember that Belizeans are not what "Belizegirl" has made us look like.

Mami, Tracy, Daddy, Jeff and Francis, I miss you all and hope all is going well at home. I wish I was there to help and I hope I hear from you ASAP. This is your Olitch

==================
Just so you know, thats the wacko that goes on the Belize Boards and rips equally on all races. One day he's Belizean and all Americans are scum, the next day he's American and all Belizeans are scum.

Ignore his bile, it stinks.

Marty

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-07-2000).]

O.Eiley
J
J
As I said before, you have nothing to apologize for! You are blessed with a wonderful country. Last year my husband were without food on our chartered Catamaran, a ridiculous situation. Some of your country-men taught us how to fish the waters and even shared their rum! Plus their supply of rice and beans....and wouldn't accept one penny from us. They finally stroked our egos and accepted cigarettes. I will never forget those people or your country.

J
J
Well, there is NO DOUBT that we are related cuz. Your comment is almost identical to the ones I posted yesterday!!

I LOVE U & MISS U 2 CUZ.. I heard from Oliver's girlfriend and he said EVERYONE is fine. David Marin also called me a while ago and assured me that everything is ok.

The San Pedranos are pulling together and we will have LA ISLA BONITA all nice & ready for Thanksgiving so that ALL THE AMERICANS can bring their friends and celebrate Thanksgiving LA ISLA BONITA style [Linked Image]

C
C
OEiley: Your mom and dad have been wonderful to us for 11 years of visits to San Pedro, as well as Francis and your uncles. I miss tony every time we are there. I can not count the wonderful moments on Southern Beauty and Rum Punch. thanks for the consilatory words about Belizians and Americans. My life has been richer because my wife and I have spent a lot of time in your country.
charlie vincent

R
R
Dearest oeiley
Hi se\weety ...it's Maralyn...Francis and Daddy have been with me here in Placencia through the storm and left for San Pedro this morning around 5:30 am by motorboat for San Pedro..I baked lots of bread and cookies for them to carry... Robbie is OK he called me today and is working hard and lost all his clothes you can e-mail direct at [email protected] are praying for everybody and love you very much too... Maralyn

K
K
Dear Olive, read your post and am happy to hear that your family is safe. Had been looking for info regarding Norman and your mom. Tell them they are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope to be down early November. Good luck with school! kim matson from Kansas

J
J
dear olive,
my thoughts and prayers are with everyone of our family on the island and those of you who are far away and can only wait to hear...i'll see you in December
love,Rebecca's mom contact me at [email protected]

T
T
Hi Olive
Thank for your concern. I just want to tell you that everyone is doing fine. I miss you alot. We are all fighting hard to make SanPedro as good as new. love always your lil sis.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.