Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
ExOkie Offline OP
OP Offline
E
What is the best way to send a DVD (in its original box and wrapper) from the US to a friend in San Pedro? USPS? UPS? FedX? Will the recipient have to pay any duty?

Thanks for any help.

God Bless The Reef!
general delivery to their name will get there. they will probably pay a lil just put gift on it and a low value. and cross your fingers. open it. make it 'used'. lower that value.

us postal service is fine, dhl also

I have used the US mail successfully but not necessarily fast.
Fill out postal form, list DVD as gift with under $10 US cost then send to San Pedro. Shouldn't be duty on gifts with little monetary value.
My sister Fed Ex'd me some dental supplies once - they took days to get to San Pedro & I had to pick up at Tropic air & sign papers - so it was expensive and ineffecient!
Belize it!

ExOkie-

We're going down July 13th. Would be glad to take it for you, if you'd like.

Just let me know and I'll send you our address.

Amy

E
ExOkie Offline OP
OP Offline
E
USPS or DHL, no FedX, open it (or make the package look used) and send as a gift with low value. Cool. All good advice.

Amy thanks for you kind offer but I'm going to be doing more of this kind of thing in the future and need to see how it works.

Thanks everyone. I knew I could count on ya.

God Bless The Reef!
ExOkie...

If you send USPS, please keep us updated. It would be interesting to see how long it takes to get there, as I'm sure a lot of people would like to do the same (me including).

We have packages sent to us regularly from the States, we only use USPS, as they are the cheapest. We send things USPS priority and it takes about 10 to 14 days to get here. Exception to this is from Nov to Jan, Christmas bogs things way down.

E
ExOkie Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Will do FlipFlop. Come to think of it I might take you up on your generous offer. I'll PM you.

God Bless The Reef!
KC Offline
One of our guests in January accidentally took home a DVD. She mailed it back to San Pedro, and I happened to be there at the time. I don't know how long it took to get there, but the duty was $28.50 BZ! On a DVD that I had gotten out of a bargin bin for $5.00 US. How ridiculous is that???? Duty was nearly 3 times what I paid for the item.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
S
S
If you use USPS "Express" service it gets here in 4 to 5 days. Have used it several times.

"Just another Day in Paradise"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.