Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
merc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Where, if I wanted to go for one, "best of AC" Dinner, I could go and what would I order and eventually pay?

Then again, if there is no such suity place... fantastic!

In that case, where can we pad in our bare or sandeled feet to eat something wonderful, even if I have to offer my cooking help on the kitchen... for fun.

Anyway, we are very relaxed vacation folks who love to do stuff on the rough while eating, and drinking well, when we can.

Talk to you soon.

merc

I think you will discover that it is much harder to find a bad meal. Almost anywhere has great food. Higher end places are US prices, but "fast food" is not at all like the US, being much better food and prices. No one cares if you are wearing shoes, and no where is dressier than shorts and T's.

M
M
I also did not have a bad meal for my entire two week stay last year. I highly recommend all the street BBQ's the tamale man makes a good tamale, the little shack across from the green house has good lunch specials. You have to visit the papusa lady at Waragumas and last but not least for a great romantic type of dinner I would go to Portofinos. They even supply the boat ride for you. Price for Portofinos a couple could get in and out for 50 to 100 dollars US of course you could spend more depending on your bar tab, appetizers etc. keith

My favorite dinner in SP is unfortunately also one of the most expensive.

Blue Lotus has amazing Indian food but the prices are on the high end. To be fair, Indian food in the US is usually pretty expensive too.

Last time we were there we spent about $125 US per person... but we over ordered to get an array of tastes.

If you are a normal person and only get one entree each with an app and a drink or two, you will probably spend about $50-$75 USD each.

But it is well worth it. If you love Indian food, you will love it. If you like Indian food, you will love it. If you don't like Indian food, you will love the atmosphere and you might even find something on the menu that suits your taste anyway. If you hate Indian food, suck it up because someone else in your party does and can't you just for once do what they want to do???

Can't go wrong with Blue Lotus.

(apparently there is a father's Day special too: //ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/284355/gonew/1/Blue_Lotus_Father_s_Day_Specia.html#UNREAD )

Last edited by deadserious; 06/12/08 10:04 AM. Reason: added link
M
M
Good post dead serious. made me laugh out loud. Where is blue lotus located. I'll give it a try. keith

It's only accessible by boat, but they offer a free ride. Their dock is back behind the old football field and has a big sign with the name Blue Lotus. You can't miss it. It's kind of near Sunset Grill, but on the other side of the field.

The boat leaves at 5:30, 6:30, 7:30 and 8:30 nightly if my memory is correct.

C
C
and you may want to make a reservation...we were told it be a good idea but we wouldn't have had a problem getting a table without one. We also enjoyed the Blue Water Grill, El Patio and Caliente. We had a drink meet that took us to the Playa Lounge, the atmoshere is really nice (big comfy couches and the nicest bathrooms on the island - don't ya think DeadSerious? LOL) Serious though nice place and I had the best ceasar salad I have had in a very long time if not ever. Others in the group all seemed to have enjoyed their food as well.

Live Laugh Love
Dinner and drinks at the Blue Water Grill, and don't forget to leave room for the key lime pie (best EVER!).

I second the Portofino idea, split the seafood platter.

And for a really cool experience, visit Jeff and Vivian's place, Rojo Lounge.

There are a lot of new places springing up on the island and some are very impressive, but my favorite is still Casa Picasso. Noted in 2006 by Fodor's Travel to be one of the Ten Best in the World, they have a bar with one of the most creative menus I've seen. Using lots of local, never-before-seen fruits, their drinks are lovely to behold and even more lovely to drink. And happy hour starts at 9pm and goes till closing- that's my kind of schedule! smile The food is tapa style but with a definite carribean flair - so there is opportunity to experience lots of different tastes and still have room for dessert, which is not to be missed. There is always a good mix of music and sometimes one of the walls gets taken over by incredible underwater video. You couldn't ask for more gracious hosts than Chris and Jen. It's one of the few places on the island where dressing up a bit feels right. I'd say full dinner and drinks will run you around $100 per person.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Casa Picasso, don't forget to try the "Bananas Picasso" dessert!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 157 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.