Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Tuesday October 3, 2000 [email protected].

After a long weekend for this charming resort island, Victoria House has weathered the wrath of Hurricane Keith which had sustained winds of over 130 miles per hour. Lancaster Hotels and Resorts, the Houston based management company for Victoria House, is pleased to report that as of Tuesday morning we have re-established communications with the island and the good news received is that the hotel management, the staff and hotel guests are safe and unharmed.

Victoria House was closed for renovations in September, adding a fabulous new pool and restaurant. The majority of rooms will be open within the next couple of weeks and the resort should be fully operational by the end of the month. Most of the damage to the hotel was from high winds causing some trees to be up rooted; two roofs were blown off the Casitas and the plantation room buildings which will all be repaired by October 31st. The restaurant, pool and main hotel building were not damaged and will be the first area of the resort to re-open.

Hurricane Keith approached San Pedro from a northwesterly direction and the town has sustained considerable damage from high winds and rising water. Our thoughts are with the people and their families of the village, but knowing the resilient nature of the wonderful people on Ambergris Caye we are sure they will have things up and running soon. Lancaster Hotels will be returning there with emergency relief items on Thursday October 5th.

It is now a beautiful and sunny day in San Pedro and hurricane Keith has been downgraded to a tropical storm and is moving northwest through the Yucatan Peninsula.

P
P
Jane, Nice report, I'm hoping that the Banyan Bay resort did ok? We're going in 5 weeks for the honeymoon ... I think.... Where did you get such good info?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
p.m. - thanks. i happened to be looking at the home page, and wanted to see what victoria house looked like (i met the owners at rendezvous restaurant) and they had posted it there. i too was glad to see the light at the end of this tunnel for san pedro. best to you on your honeymoon. i hope its great.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.