Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
We will be renting a car from the airport in July. Does anyone know if some of the liability insurnace is covered in the car rental price? It seems like I found that to be the case when we rented in Mexico a couple of years ago (I think it was a US company). From what I have read, I understand that insurance is required in Belize, but type of insurance is not specified (CDW LDW). Looking forward to getting there, but don't like these type details.

The liability insurance is extra. LDW usually and runs about $14-16 per day. Limits your liability to $750USD.

S
OP Offline
S
I've read about the loss damage waivers and thought that was coverage for the rental car. Does LDW cover damage you may cause to other vehicles or people from an accident where you are at fault? We are planning to be cautious, but accidents happen.

not sure. best to check with the rental company

and your CC issuer, you may already be covered, if paying by CC.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
S
OP Offline
S
My credit card does provide coverage and have talked with them by phone to clarify coverage and to avoid any misundersanding in the policy. I had not even given 3rd party liability a thought until the representative at AMEX made it very clear that the CC coverage was for the rental car only. She said you must purchase 3rd party liability through the car rental company. With most of the major US companies, it looks like the coverage is included in the cost of the rental and they offer supplimental liability coverage. From the Belize based company we are renting from, they don't have specific information on the web for review. I requested the information from the company to review before arrival.

JZB Offline
Also contact your regular car insurance provider. They will sometimes cover rentals for short periods.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 323 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.