Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
merc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Speaking of stuff like food and beverages?
Is it okay to bring in packaged foods and alcoholic beverages like wine and spirits?
How about over the counter and prescription medications?

Last edited by merc; 06/15/08 02:30 PM.
Packaged foods usually OK, wine and such 1 or 2 liters per person. Meds are fine as long as you have the prescription on the bottle to show, OTC not a problem unless you bring a large quantity.

E
E
This got me to thinking. What about buying wine and spirits at the Duty Free stores in BZE on the way to San Pedro? The prices are pretty cheap. Will Maya/TropicAir allow you to carry wine and liquor on their planes? Will the stores sell it to you if you're on the last leg of an international flight?

God Bless The Reef!
you can't. duty free is only for international travelers. they will ask to see your boarding pass to see where you are going, and deny you unless you are flying out of the country. even then (if you could) the limit is what debunk said.

the tropic flight is not considered your last leg (to them, anyway). it is an intra-country flight.

Tropic & Maya will only allow you to carry liquods in your baggage, so make sure you have enough room if you're bringing in booze.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
B
B
Don't worry about the duty-free, go to the booze-store a few blocks from the airport & get the local stuff, it tastes better anyway !!

M
merc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you to everyone for all the fantastic advice and help.

As it is, my retirement has not gone as well as expected, and so we are trying to do as much with the money we have as we can.

That said, previously, we would love to just get everything on the caye and in country but as it is, we'd also like to do more than eat and drink and stuff like diving, cave tubing, lining, and boating up the river to the ruins isn't cheap.

So, considering that taking this vacation will cost me my current job(after a year they are refusing to honor my paid vacation since I am a commission only manager)and my retirement doesn't kick in until I get to 59.5 years old, I need to make due while not passing my money stress onto my kids... who I hope still think of me as the breadwinner I used to be before I retired.

So, that's why I am looking to bring stuff like packaged foods and some booze with me so I can afford to buy more and experience more while I am on AC.

We are also in the process of getting our dive stuff fixed since we haven't used it in awhile.

Thanks again for all your help!!!

Take Care,

merc

sent you a pm, merc.

You can save a lot of money if you skip the inland stuff this trip. Why not just come out and immerse yourself in the island life style? If you sign up with one dive shop for five days of diving they will usually give you a discount. You can snorkel free at many places here. Don't bother to rent a golf cart - those are expensive - walk - bike or occasionally take a taxi.
Stay at the low cost places and spend time talking to people on the beach.
I learned a lot about this place simply by sitting outside of Mannelly's ice cream and visiting with who ever sat down with me.
RELAX - your children should be thinking about taking care of you - your job should be done!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Hey merc - what Scuba Lady said - plus it is less expensive if you drink what the locals drink. Having a particular liquor is more expensive and less available. duty free only allows each passenger so many bottles duty free - Ibelieve you can purchase more but then you will have to pay the duty tax on those. Wine & many Liquors are available in San Pedro that are relatively affordable ie not extremely expensive. If you & yours enjoy rum punch you are in luck!
Belize it!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.