Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Short Offline OP
OP Offline
Just a little reminder: Firefox 3 is out now (I downloaded it and it works great). They want to set a Guinness World record for most downloads in 24 hours, so here is the link: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ - Don't wait till tomorrow!

Originally Posted by The Associated Press
Firefox 3 Web browser is now out as free download

NEW YORK (AP) - The new version of the Firefox Web browser became available as a free download Tuesday.

The release was delayed nearly two hours as visitors checking for the update overloaded Firefox's Web servers, which were slow or unreachable at times.

Firefox supporters organized launch parties around the world as they tried to set a world record for most software downloads in a 24-hour period.

The category is new, and Guinness World Records must certify it, a process that could take a week or longer.

Firefox comes from Mozilla, an open-source community in which thousands of people, mostly volunteers, collectively develop free products. Firefox is the No. 2 Web browser behind Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer.

Firefox 3 includes enhancements to help users organize their frequently visited Web sites and block access to sites known to distribute viruses and other malicious software.

Users of Yahoo Inc.'s mail service can also use Firefox 3 to send e-mail by clicking a "mailto" link they might come across clicking on a name or a "contact us" link on a Web page. Previously such links could only open a standalone, desktop e-mail program.

Firefox 3 also offers other design and speed improvements.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h5kZ8Odz_0xs6xFaBK6z48pvcqAQD91C11N8C

Live and let live
hey!! it changed the way this board's font looks, and my girly-pink theme is incompatable.

cool upgrades tho. thx!

D
D

Thanks Short but this will take a little getting used to.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I don't like the way the new one looks, but I suppose I'll get used to it. Some of the fonts are significantly smaller.

It's easy to change the skin to whatever you want.

technically, not whatever i want, as the girly-pink skin is incompatible w 3.0. sigh, such traumas to deal with... wink

I'm sure it will be compatible again someday.

E
E
The only gripe I have is it screwed up my address bar pulldown menu which was how I accessed my "favorite" websites. I'll make it though. I Love FireFox.

God Bless The Reef!
don't you bookmark your faves??

Short Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, they had over 8 million downloads in 24 hours despite the servers being down for the first two hours. The people of Guinness are checking it as we speak. An impressive result, although the guys from Adobe claim that 8 million installs is just an average day for Flash Player - Mozilla had 1.6 million downloads the first day for Firefox 2:

Originally Posted by Mozilla
Awesome work - we're almost there!

Thanks to the support of the always amazing Mozilla community, we got more than 8 million Firefox 3 downloads in 24 hours. That's more Firefox downloads than we've ever had in a single day -- an impressive feat indeed!

Please be patient while the good people of Guinness review our World Record attempt. This might take a few days so please check back here. And, a huge thanks for all of your support!

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord

As for the new lay out; that is mostly cosmetic, functionality is the same, but more important, it feels much faster!

Live and let live
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.