Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Different training and different tests. One is a certificate, commercial, and one is a rating, instrument. You are licensed to get paid i.e fly for hire, with a commercial license/certificate. Rated to fly in instrument conditions with instrument rating. Boy, I hope I'm right on that, or you know who is going to let me know.

Also for cracked up, isn't it true now that Belize no longer accepts US pilots licenses reciprocally, that you must pass the Belize tests to be hired in Belize?

Last edited by bywarren; 06/18/08 01:38 PM.
E
E
bywarren, you are correct as usual. Thats what I was trying to say but not as clearly as you.

C
C
Belize issues a Validation based on any ICAO recognized certificate/license after the Belize Airlaw test and a check ride by a designated examiner is passed.

With only 1 nav aid and only 2 VOR approaches, It is very difficult in Belize to maintain IFR currency. 6 month flight checks are given. Though not required, demonstration of basic IFR skills are part of the Tropic Air checkride.

Sure has a lot to do with offshore savings plans.

E
E
Cracked up, I agree with your summation. Rated but not current. No way to be current when not flying in IFR conditions.

C
C
As far as Tropic (and other operators in Belize) pilots having instrument ratings, it has been a requirement for at least the past 20 yrs.
A commercial certificate WITHOUT an IFR rating is limited and says it right on the certificate.
Without an IFR rating, #1 pilot would be limited to a 50 mile radius and can land only at the point of departure when carrying passengers. #2 Wouldn't be insurable, even in a 172.

E
E
Crackedup, are you a Tropic pilot. Just curious.

Now immising, one of the advantages of this board is anonymity. If people could figure out who you really are, it would make for less comment. Some like both Pedro's, Amanda, Jesse, Simon and others are just better at picking names that makes it, if not impossible at least extremly difficult, to figure out who you really are. If that were easy, I would have to watch much more closely what I say. wink

And well noted cracked up. No further comment by Wealthy Buyer. Maybe he took offense to the second response to his question which started the topic going in a different direction.

T
T
I wonder if there is any money to be made in hole digging down here. If someone had the aptitude and had demonstrated an ability (even if it was just on a recreational level) it could be a business that could profit perhaps...

C
C
I'm working on my IFR right now, but i'm flying twins so thats a little bit more hmm......complex, hope to one day fly for Tropic/ as well become a citizen of Belize!! ohh and have an offshore bank account.. Are all the foreign pilots gone????

Last edited by CASA DE AMOR 2; 06/19/08 04:45 PM.

E
E
Yo bnu, fyi bywarren's experience in local aviation is exceeded only by his knowledge of same. a partial list of his MANY accomplishments here include piloting the first Beach Barron, Cessna 441, and Mitsubishi MU2 to San Pedro. this at a time when the "airport" was little more than a 2000' sand strip. he also counseled many future San Pedrano pilots and provided medivacs at his own expense. i submit to you sir that bywarren has forgotten more about local aviation than you will ever know, and respectfully suggest that you pick a fight with someone less gracious and knowledgeable.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.