Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#286314 06/25/08 06:41 PM
OP Offline
Did I miss something? Has United always flown to BZE from IAH?

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Huh?

I've already told you more than I know.
OP Offline
Expedia shows a non-stop from IAH to BZE on United. I also checked the same dates on United.com -- cheaper than Continental. Wassup??

OP Offline
Nevermind -- it's "operated by Taca" Still, didn't know it was non-stop from IAH.

beat me to it

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
Checked Detroit Metro to Bze the other Day, still about $650 on Continental. About what I paid last year.

I've already told you more than I know.
CO is soon to partner with United & become a member of the Star Alliance...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
OP Offline
have ya heard when klcman? I'd want to book my CO travel on my NWA miles before then.

NWA/Skyteam will be fine for "awhile" - according to the FF newsletter, filings need to be made with regulators for approval. Business as usual for now. ".....significant transition period...." is the phrasing of the wordsmiths.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Continental to Join Star Alliance
On Thursday, June 19, Continental announced plans to cooperate with United Airlines, linking our networks and services worldwide to deliver new benefits to our customers. In addition, Continental intends to transition into the Star Alliance from the SkyTeam Alliance as a result of a review that was conducted following the Delta-Northwest merger announcement. We expect the transition period to last at least a year, and many regulatory and other approvals are required before we can implement our plans.

Once implemented, our partnership with United will result in expanded domestic and international travel options for OnePass members and together, we will provide you with a seamless process for reservations, check-in, flight connections and baggage transfer.

OnePass members will benefit from new frequent flier reciprocity that will allow you to earn miles when flying on either airline and redeem awards on both carriers. Travel on either carrier will count toward earning Elite status. Presidents Club members will have access to both Continental's Presidents Club and United's Red Carpet Club® lounges.

For the time being, there are no changes being made to Continental's participation in the SkyTeam Alliance. Continental is committed to making this transition as smooth as possible for our customers. OnePass members can continue to earn and redeem miles on SkyTeam airlines and SkyTeam lounge reciprocity continues as usual for SkyTeam Elite Plus members traveling on international SkyTeam itineraries.

In the future, our participation in the Star Alliance will allow Continental's customers to benefit from Star's larger travel network, which has global coverage including 20 airlines. Continental's customers can continue with all of their travel plans as they exist today. In the future, OnePass members will start to receive reciprocal membership on other Star Alliance airlines and the SkyTeam reciprocity will end. In addition, Continental's Platinum Elite members traveling on international Star Alliance itineraries will have access to Star Alliance lounges at a future, yet-to-be-determined date.

We will update you as we continue to develop our planned partnership with United and participation in the Star Alliance. We will also be sending updates regarding the planned phase out of the Delta-Northwest codeshare.

We appreciate you and your business, and we look forward to seeing you on your next flight.

Sincerely,

Mark Bergsrud
Senior Vice President, Marketing Programs and Distribution

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.