Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
AAHHYeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I knew that I was missing something yesterday - darn car travel!
Al & DCG - There is nothing better than sitting at the bar at Desire in the Sonesta eating a dozen raw with horsey sauce and your scalp is sweating while washing it down with some Abita!

Thanks for the recipe but I could kill for some good french bread to sop it up with!

Elbert - My Godmother was from Golden Meadow (south of NOLA) and I do recall the old cajuns refer to it as low country but it is associtated with South Carolina.

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
Spdyder, don't remember that beer. Getting old I guess.
Carb, I could eat 2 or 3 dozen raw: no other oyster even comes close to a Gulf oyster. Dad and I used to buy them by the toad sack right off the boat in Grand Isle.
Why can't we find real French bread anywere else, not even in France!
Carb, I went HS in Raceland and college in Thibodaux. Used to play Golden Meadaw in football.
Hey Elbert, all the country is "low country" in So LA. It's all swamp! We had to use the oyster shells (eat'em first) to build the roads so they wouldn't sink:)!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
OP Offline
Remember it well.......if we tasted that stuff now we'd probably gag on it.......that was when we were young....at least me....and we didn't much care how it tasted......it was beer!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
OP Offline
azbob.....oh the memories you're bringing back....oyster shells made great roads......crushed down real well......the French bakery on the Island has some very good French bread....stop their every other day when we're down. The French bread in New Orleans is very unique.....they say it's the water....nothing else quite like it. I can taste those roast beef po-boys now....dripping with gravy and mayo!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
3 bucks a sack in the early 60's!!!! What are they today?

Hot sausage, dressed!!

Now all non-Cajuns the following is OK to say. It'ss really a term of indearment:
I do believe we have a lot of Coonass's on this board!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Ah tink you right you

AAAAAAahhhhhheeee!! Mah cha... you don tell it like iahut is der... Coonasses fur sur!

And AL.... I've eaten my WEIGHT (and dem some) of roast beef po-boys slathered in mayo and swimmin in gravy............ crunchy outside, soft inside..... dayum.. makn' this gal howwwngray...

Take the road less traveled

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.