Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#287043 07/01/08 01:04 PM
azbob Offline OP
OP Offline
I bet most everyone on the Board has a story that would not have happen if you had not been on the Board: new friends, old friends, helping and/or being helped, information that changed your decision, etc.

Here's mine:

Loansum - Al K. and I started the subject "Boudreaux to Boudin (Cajun Connection)" and all who joined was having fun remembering Cajun stuff. I mentioned where I went to high school and college and then along comes Spyder. A few PM's back and forth and I'll be damn, we remembered each other. We both went to a small college in Thibodaux, La in 1962-63. It was a "commuter college" called Francis T. Nicholls State (now it's a University). Amazing, that was 46 years ago!Please share your story.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Those who've known the Otters since the beginning are well aware of the effects this board has had on our marriage.

News of Paisano's passing and the plight of the "Fruit Lady" really caused us to reshape our priorities. Had it not been for the news and fellowship shared on this board, the world would certainly be a different and not so pleasant place for me.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
This board has helped my beloved spouse to realize that there are women all over the country who think I'm as strange as she does. grin

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
and as loveable wink

The number of really good friends I have made through this message board is truly amazing. Some of us talk almost daily and many of us have visited in each other's homes. Some of the most fun weekends of my life have been spent with Travelqueen and DivingCowGirl, terrorizing the streets of Texas and California! laugh LaurieMar and I live virtually right around the corner from each other, yet we still talk more on the message board than on the phone! I've met and become friends with other attorneys, and many of us have assisted each other with legal issues we've been up against. It is almost impossible to go to San Pedro without running into a friend from ACMB. It is incredible the impact this board has had on so many of us. smile

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
That's a great story azbob. This board has provided a lot of things to a lot of people. Anything you want, from rants to raves can be found here and above all like Leah-Ann said, an abundance of great friends...........Leah-Ann....I love that name!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
L
L
I have been fortunate enough to travel to other places with 3 gals I met from this board - Seashell and I have gone to Spain and France together, Gela and I have gone to AC, Cabo, Dominican Republic, Panama and Costa Rica together and LeahAnn and I spent a most laid back and fun 5 nights in Zihuatenjo, Mexico recently. I guess I see them more out of the country. LOL.

Cya at my partee on Saturday LA!

L
L
I met the "novascotianuts" on the board only to find out they live the same small town where I grew up.

It's hard to fathom much less appreciate what this board has done for me. It's been 2 years since I first signed on. The friendships I've made and the places I've been would not have been possible had I not stumbled upon the ACMB. I (we've) terrorized CA and TX with the help of Leah Ann & Travel Queen, South Carolina with Bill and Becky, Houston TX with Nova and Ted (I WON'T get into THAT tale yet) and of course wrecked havoc in SP numerous times with each and everyone of the "usual suspects" (you know who you are, so no hiding!) I thank God for each and everyone who I've had the pleasure of meeting, hanging with, staying with and just plain getting to know. San Pedro has become a second home to me. And a sight that still remains a favorite of mine (besides across a Belikin at BC's) is flying across the reef from Belize City to San Pedro. As long as I am able to see, I will never tire of that view.

Take the road less traveled
Spurs, will you marry me?? No wait, that might not be wise . .anyway, Laura really appreciates all that you said, and agrees from her heart!! Except for the earlier proposal part!! eek

Seriously, very poetic and very true, for our part at least!! Thank you for expressing it so eloquently!! smile

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
Although I have mostly been a reader and not written a lot on the board, it has helped me realize that there are a lot of really great people on the island. I plan to move there full time in just over a year, and at first it was primarily because of the obvious reasons, the ocean, the friendly and welcoming locals, a less stressful life. Now I know that there are many full and part time residents that have diverse backgrounds and are interesting, kind and fun. The beautiful island is all the more beautiful to me now. Thanks all!

Now live from beautiful downtown San Pedro.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.