Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
"They say your heart never leaves, once you've been down to Belize."

So says songwriter and part-time Belize resident Jerry Jeff Walker. Rob and I have been to Belize three times this year already and certainly these lyrics ring true for our family. I find myself reading and re-reading my online journal entries, pouring through page after page of pictures taken during our recent sixteen day adventure through this lush, green country. When plans to travel back to the U.S. for a popular food and wine festival fell through, I immediately suggested we venture south once more and visit some of the areas not reached on our last trip. READ MORE HERE.

OP Offline
We awoke to pleasant rays of much needed sunshine, bid a hasty "adieu" to Turtle Inn and carted ourselves back toward town to Captain Jaks, a modest but charming property recommended to us by a friend in Playa. We were immediately greeted by Tamalyn Martin, a young woman from Texas whose parents had recently acquired the cabanas from the original owner, off to seek his fortune in Panama. Their plans to retire to Placencia were a few years off and she had just recently moved down to care for the property and run the business in the interim. She appeared to be happy and settling in well and after showing us to our accommodations, a sturdy two story, two bedroom wood cabin, she pointed us in the direction of her daily breakfast spot. READ MORE HERE.

Last edited by Michele in Playa; 07/02/08 07:39 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.