Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Well, as Laurie mentioned, we have traveled together. First, we met over the message board. A bunch of us on the board were there at the same time so we coordinated the Lamanai trip. I met Laurie in person on AC. Then I ran into Laurie in Cabo the same year, and then have traveled to many places.

Met Leah Ann at Laurie's house (at one of her infamous parties) and finally met Seashell when she surprised us both by showing up unannounced on AC November 2006.

And I am going to take credit/blame for telling Bi1Ls about ambergriscaye.com - I mentioned it to him when Laurie and I were staying next to he and Becky at Xanadu.

And of course there was Debbie's surprise BD party at Caribe - met SweetJane, Hopie, Bill Thornton, and so many others (thanks to our hosts).

Laurie and I were invited to a special dinner at Rojo Nov 2006 by none other than Captain Jeff - who met us in person on that trip.

Cheers to the AC Board smile

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
i'm not sure about this, but i may have been half of the first board member meeting. (feel free to prove me wrong)

9/2000 - we made plans and met up with choo-choo and his lovely bride SWMBO at BC's. he & i still write from time to time. we both still come to SP whenever possible.

and hangin out with marty twice was a real treat. what a cool guy!

i have been fortunate enough to meet many, many others afterward. we are quite an interesting bunch! wink

G
G
Met Laurie Mar (ps sent you a pm-call me),Hopie and Dan and would have to go back to pictures to remember all the others for the first Pub crawl; met Hopie and Sweet Jane, Gela, Debbie, and several others at the birthday party (I stayed incoginto cause I had a group), and others that I knew from before.

I made some great friends in Becky, Gay (wahoo) Debbie, Susie, etc.

As Gay would say "I love my little country" and I do understand what she means. As a born Belizean it is sometimes hard to understand why others want to change our country but there are a bunch of you that just fit in to become "Honorary Belizeans."

Luv ya all, keep coming back and I will always see you in Belize.

Without a doubt the message board has definitly changed our lives for the better and what a fabulous resource it is.

As soon I got my first throw together p.c. years back in canada I went right to chat rooms (how tacoboy and I met)

It was only natural that once I stumbled upon ACMB that I joined right away. I figured it would be a good way to meet people. Had no idea what was to follow as a result of that decision ha ha.

We did not really know anyone here at the time. I saw a post for trivia night and told tacoboy we have to go there and I am sure we will meet some friends - boy did we ever.

It is amazing watching friendships grow and getting to know people more from chatting online and with each time we meet in person. smile

Big shout out to Marty for making it all possible - it is beyond huge what you have done for so many of us. smile

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

this is a nice thread. thanks folks. i too have met many friends here. what an amazing board because of all the folks on it. goes back to 1996......

Great idea Bob

gail - i didn't know you were at the b-day party??

you inspired me - i went thru old photos yesterday(on film!!) and found a party pic from 6/02. will have to figure out how to scan and post it.

what fun that was!!!

This is my favorite board. Such a diversity of characters, almost all with a common ground (Belize). I have met a number of members (umm, Tacogirl, Leah-Ann, Travelqueen, KC and his wife, 2miles north and his lady, klcman, and others of course). Enjoyable people all. I have a number I MUST meet. The other bobs, and of course divingcowgirl. Pugwash is another must, as are Reaper and the Otters. This is just off the top of my head, there are other victims that I need to share a beers with. smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
azbob Offline OP
OP Offline
And share we will my friend!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
G
G
SJ, you were upstairs...my friend Maureen from Belize had on the Tequillya belt which was given to her by my sister.
Wonder what happened to that cute couple that were on their honeymoon? I can't think of their names but I believe he was in the Army. If you can reprise those pics that would be great.

Last edited by GailM; 07/05/08 09:37 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.