Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
San Pedro will soon have a First Class Air Terminal courtesy of Tropic Air. It can truly be said that this terminal will be San Pedro's because it will be the passengers that will enjoy expanded and improved facilities along with the entire formidable staff that Tropic employs. It is certainly due to the big and unequivocal support that San Pedro and the business community give Tropic by making their local airline the "Airline of Their Choice" that the company has decided to give San Pedro a big bonus by offering more comfort and pleasure in flying.

Ambergris Today had the privilege of speaking with Mr. Johnny Greif, President of Tropic Air, who explained a bit more about the new terminal building. Mr. Greif explained to us that the new terminal building will be much bigger than the existing one and that it would be a two storey building.

The new terminal will have all the basic commodities of a terminal such as a sidewalk, toilets, waiting area, passenger check in, boarding gate and loading Bay/luggage rack/baggage claim. The main attraction on the ground floor will be an aquarium of 9ft in diameter right by the entrance hall.

A key feature to the new terminal will be a new driveway built inside the airstrip premises which will help alleviate traffic congestion in the area. Vehicles will be able to pull into the driveway, away from the main street, to unload customers; a separate area will be allocated for taxi divers and others to pick up incoming travelers.

The second floor will have an open space for passengers to see right through to the ground floor, as well as a lounge, kitchenette, meeting room, and balcony to mention a few. Tropic Air is investing $3Mil in the new terminal which will be constructed by Medina's Construction and should be completed in approximately a year's time.

Tropic Air will have its official groundbreaking ceremonies for the New Terminal Building on Friday, July 4, at 9:00 a.m. The Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation, Hon. Manuel Heredia Jr. should be present as well as other town officials.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
E
E
Another piece of San Pedro will be gone. frown

agreed E. If I want a multi-story, aquarium-filled, efficiently designed airport terminal with full amenities I can get that any number of places.

I don't begrudge San Pedro progress, but at some point the cumulative "progress" means San Pedro loses its charm.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
cry

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
S
S
It will alleviate the traffic problems in the area, the biggest benefit to the community.

I agree with Otter. I love it the way it is, but progress? Just don't spoil it! It is a great experience getting off the plane on the tarmac! It's Paradise! Relax and enjoy!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Well sure we begrudge San Pedro progress - precisely because all that progress results is some loss of charm. I hated it when the pull-ferry was replaced by the bridge. And there are already too many hotels, I can't believe they're building more.

Like Otter, if I want a fancy airport I can go places that have them - sometimes I do.

Of course, I don't live in San Pedro. I don't have to put up with that airport traffic every day. I didn't have to worry about whether the pull ferry would or would not be there when I got to the cut. I don't depend on San Pedro's tourism for my living. It's all a matter of perspective...

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
You could always use Maya Island Air instead.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I went to the Caye Caulker lobsterfest, and took the opportunity to have a really good walk around. How much more peaceful and laid back it is down there! In the few years since I first came to San Pedro it has certainly changed, and although individual changes are for the good (like the paved streets, so much better than the quagmires we had to wade through before), cumulatively the character is changing so much.

S
S
Before you criticise, consider the hassles of full-time living with the problems we endure...horrible traffic bottleneck at the present Tropic terminal...out-of-control taxis...overcrowding of the terminal area when busy (and getting worse every year)...what seems "quaint" to a visitor is a giant pain in the *** to residents.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.